SALT LAKE CITY — A 19-year-old woman died Sunday night when the car she was riding in crashed into a sound wall on I-215.
Killed in the accident was Francine Martinez of Salt Lake City.
Charlie Diep, 20, of Midvale, was driving a Toyota Camry south on I-215 at 5700 South when he veered to the right for some reason and hit the wall, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
Martinez also was taken to IMC where she died, according to UHP. Two infant children in the backseat were transported to Primary Children's Hospital as a precaution.
The crash remained under investigation.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 16
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13