SALT LAKE CITY — A 19-year-old woman died Sunday night when the car she was riding in crashed into a sound wall on I-215.
Killed in the accident was Francine Martinez of Salt Lake City.
Charlie Diep, 20, of Midvale, was driving a Toyota Camry south on I-215 at 5700 South when he veered to the right for some reason and hit the wall, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
Martinez also was taken to IMC where she died, according to UHP. Two infant children in the backseat were transported to Primary Children's Hospital as a precaution.
The crash remained under investigation.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12