SALT LAKE CITY — A 19-year-old woman died Sunday night when the car she was riding in crashed into a sound wall on I-215.
Killed in the accident was Francine Martinez of Salt Lake City.
Charlie Diep, 20, of Midvale, was driving a Toyota Camry south on I-215 at 5700 South when he veered to the right for some reason and hit the wall, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
Martinez also was taken to IMC where she died, according to UHP. Two infant children in the backseat were transported to Primary Children's Hospital as a precaution.
The crash remained under investigation.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Teen who spends his nights taking care of his...
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered assurances...
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use trails in...
- Threats lead to evacuation, schedule change...
- Blunt force trauma caused S. Carolina woman's...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 85
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 39
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 32
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 18
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- South Jordan's FrontRunner-oriented... 10