SALT LAKE CITY — A 19-year-old woman died Sunday night when the car she was riding in crashed into a sound wall on I-215.
Killed in the accident was Francine Martinez of Salt Lake City.
Charlie Diep, 20, of Midvale, was driving a Toyota Camry south on I-215 at 5700 South when he veered to the right for some reason and hit the wall, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
Martinez also was taken to IMC where she died, according to UHP. Two infant children in the backseat were transported to Primary Children's Hospital as a precaution.
The crash remained under investigation.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- Bingham High students walk out over... 17
- Debates ready to start, third-party... 12