SALT LAKE CITY — A 19-year-old woman died Sunday night when the car she was riding in crashed into a sound wall on I-215.
Killed in the accident was Francine Martinez of Salt Lake City.
Charlie Diep, 20, of Midvale, was driving a Toyota Camry south on I-215 at 5700 South when he veered to the right for some reason and hit the wall, according to the Utah Highway Patrol. He was taken to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition.
Martinez also was taken to IMC where she died, according to UHP. Two infant children in the backseat were transported to Primary Children's Hospital as a precaution.
The crash remained under investigation.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17