Running of the Balls kicks off Labor Day in Park City
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PARK CITY — Thousands of yellow golf balls rolled down Main Street as part of Park City's 115th annual Labor Day gathering Monday. The Running of the Balls raised money for charity and offered prizes to the owners of the ones that made it down the street first.
Several thousand people also lined the street to celebrate the city's mining history with the Funky Old Fashioned Miner's Day Parade. Other activities during the day included breakfast in the park, a 5k run, kids' races, softball games, mucking and drilling competitions, beer gardens, food and live music.
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17