Running of the Balls kicks off Labor Day in Park City
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PARK CITY — Thousands of yellow golf balls rolled down Main Street as part of Park City's 115th annual Labor Day gathering Monday. The Running of the Balls raised money for charity and offered prizes to the owners of the ones that made it down the street first.
Several thousand people also lined the street to celebrate the city's mining history with the Funky Old Fashioned Miner's Day Parade. Other activities during the day included breakfast in the park, a 5k run, kids' races, softball games, mucking and drilling competitions, beer gardens, food and live music.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22