Running of the Balls kicks off Labor Day in Park City
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PARK CITY — Thousands of yellow golf balls rolled down Main Street as part of Park City's 115th annual Labor Day gathering Monday. The Running of the Balls raised money for charity and offered prizes to the owners of the ones that made it down the street first.
Several thousand people also lined the street to celebrate the city's mining history with the Funky Old Fashioned Miner's Day Parade. Other activities during the day included breakfast in the park, a 5k run, kids' races, softball games, mucking and drilling competitions, beer gardens, food and live music.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Owens participates in Rotary Club... 16