Running of the Balls kicks off Labor Day in Park City
Tom Smart, Deseret News
PARK CITY — Thousands of yellow golf balls rolled down Main Street as part of Park City's 115th annual Labor Day gathering Monday. The Running of the Balls raised money for charity and offered prizes to the owners of the ones that made it down the street first.
Several thousand people also lined the street to celebrate the city's mining history with the Funky Old Fashioned Miner's Day Parade. Other activities during the day included breakfast in the park, a 5k run, kids' races, softball games, mucking and drilling competitions, beer gardens, food and live music.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to rally...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 77
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17