10 former Cougars, Aggies and Utes look to make an impact in the NFL this season
Wilfredo Lee, AP
Players with ties to the state of Utah will once again be well-represented on NFL rosters when the 2013 season begins this week. Approximately 40 local players landed on 53-man rosters, with others being named to practice squads.
Many of those appearing on rosters are well-established players. Guys like Haloti Ngata (Baltimore Ravens), Brett Keisel (Pittsburgh Steelers), Steve Smith (Carolina Panthers) and Eric Weddle (San Diego Chargers) have all played in Pro Bowls and are expected to again star for their respective teams.
The state also has some prominent rookies who will be looking to make an instant impact, along with others looking to build on the impact they made last season. Some, like former Utah quarterback Alex Smith and Utah linebacker Paul Kruger, will be looking to make an instant impact with new teams.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26