10 former Cougars, Aggies and Utes look to make an impact in the NFL this season
Wilfredo Lee, AP
Players with ties to the state of Utah will once again be well-represented on NFL rosters when the 2013 season begins this week. Approximately 40 local players landed on 53-man rosters, with others being named to practice squads.
Many of those appearing on rosters are well-established players. Guys like Haloti Ngata (Baltimore Ravens), Brett Keisel (Pittsburgh Steelers), Steve Smith (Carolina Panthers) and Eric Weddle (San Diego Chargers) have all played in Pro Bowls and are expected to again star for their respective teams.
The state also has some prominent rookies who will be looking to make an instant impact, along with others looking to build on the impact they made last season. Some, like former Utah quarterback Alex Smith and Utah linebacker Paul Kruger, will be looking to make an instant impact with new teams.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26