10 former Cougars, Aggies and Utes look to make an impact in the NFL this season
Wilfredo Lee, AP
Players with ties to the state of Utah will once again be well-represented on NFL rosters when the 2013 season begins this week. Approximately 40 local players landed on 53-man rosters, with others being named to practice squads.
Many of those appearing on rosters are well-established players. Guys like Haloti Ngata (Baltimore Ravens), Brett Keisel (Pittsburgh Steelers), Steve Smith (Carolina Panthers) and Eric Weddle (San Diego Chargers) have all played in Pro Bowls and are expected to again star for their respective teams.
The state also has some prominent rookies who will be looking to make an instant impact, along with others looking to build on the impact they made last season. Some, like former Utah quarterback Alex Smith and Utah linebacker Paul Kruger, will be looking to make an instant impact with new teams.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19