Westminster soccer: losing skid hits three with loss at St. Francis
JOLIET, Ill. – The Westminster College women’s soccer team fell to Saint Francis (Ill.), 2-1, on Monday afternoon at ATI Field.
St. Francis (3-0) got on the board in the game’s fourth minute when Brooke Polus took a long feed from Alex Truhlar and fired a shot from 12 yards.
Westminster (1-3) quickly responded as Jessica Harris headed home a cross from Abby Holbrook in the ninth minute. It was the third goal of the season for Harris and her second scored on a header. The assist by Holbrook was the first of her career.
The game remained tied through halftime and into the 71st minute until Leslie Rueda collected a loose ball in front of the net and put it away for the game winner.
The Griffins had a 16-9 edge in shots during the game and managed six of their attempts on goal. Lexi Tucker attempted a team-best three shots with one on frame with Brianna Wilson getting two shots on goal. Jamie Wilkinson made two saves in taking the loss.
Westminster looks to snap its current three-game losing skid when it hosts Oregon Tech at Dumke Field on Friday. The action is scheduled for a 4:30 p.m. opening kick.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 116
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 32
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21