Westminster soccer: losing skid hits three with loss at St. Francis
JOLIET, Ill. – The Westminster College women’s soccer team fell to Saint Francis (Ill.), 2-1, on Monday afternoon at ATI Field.
St. Francis (3-0) got on the board in the game’s fourth minute when Brooke Polus took a long feed from Alex Truhlar and fired a shot from 12 yards.
Westminster (1-3) quickly responded as Jessica Harris headed home a cross from Abby Holbrook in the ninth minute. It was the third goal of the season for Harris and her second scored on a header. The assist by Holbrook was the first of her career.
The game remained tied through halftime and into the 71st minute until Leslie Rueda collected a loose ball in front of the net and put it away for the game winner.
The Griffins had a 16-9 edge in shots during the game and managed six of their attempts on goal. Lexi Tucker attempted a team-best three shots with one on frame with Brianna Wilson getting two shots on goal. Jamie Wilkinson made two saves in taking the loss.
Westminster looks to snap its current three-game losing skid when it hosts Oregon Tech at Dumke Field on Friday. The action is scheduled for a 4:30 p.m. opening kick.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21