"Our family is just very entrepreneurial,” Chelsea Sloan said. "We're always thinking of how we can improve things. We learned it from our parents.”
Being a Mormon in business
A number of things she learned on her LDS mission have helped her in building Uptown Cheapskate, Sloan said.
"It helped mold my character and taught me to take raw core power and harness it towards a goal, which is really important in a business because things don't always go well," Sloan said.
One of her mottos for business is to always be the person walking the higher moral ground, even if it's not in your favor.
"We're Mormon. We're in Utah. It matters that in business we do the right thing for people the biggest thing is how we try to be disciples of Christ," Sloan said.
Uptown Cheapskate doesn't do any training on Sundays. Instead, they take their clients to Temple Square. "It's a good way to spread the word that Mormons aren't weird," Sloan said.
Uptown Cheapskate also provides a lot of additional help to their franchise owners beyond the necessary requirements. "It's so easy for us to be selfish. It's nice to have something like this where I'm working on a system to support my franchisees to take care of their families," Sloan said.
Ultimately, the Salt Lake City resident enjoys the success of being in a down economy with a growing business. "It's definitely a company I really believe in," Sloan said.
For more information about Uptown Cheapskate, visit uptowncheapskate.com.
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- LDS Church leaders speak at RootsTech Family...
- After 3rd round of Hollywood Week on...
- New tools to facilitate work of salvation...
- Defending the Faith: Why the question... 38
- Obama at prayer breakfast: 'Jesus is a... 25
- Obama's take on 3 key debates about... 13
- Bernie Sanders disappoints some... 13
- 'A unique insight': Jermaine Sullivan... 7
- Maintaining faith during LDS Church... 5
- Panthers or Broncos? God does not care 5
- Hamblin & Peterson: Buddhism and violence 5