UVU volleyball: Treanor named UVU's first-ever WAC Player of the Week
Shane Truskolaski, UVU Athletics
DENVER — Utah Valley freshman outside hitter Macky Treanor was named Western Athletic Conference Volleyball Player of the Week for the week of Aug. 26-Sept. 1. This is the first-ever WAC Player of the Week honor for a Wolverine in any sport.
The Salem, Utah, native tallied 46 kills, 27 digs and three service aces over three matches en route to earning all-tournament team honors at the La Quinta Inn and Suites Invitational last week. Treanor posted WAC-bests of 5.11 kills per set and a .447 hitting percentage in her first weekend of collegiate volleyball. In her first collegiate match against Arizona State, she posted her first career double-double with a team-high 10 kills to go along with 12 digs. Treanor then set a program single-match three-set record with 20 kills in a sweep of North Dakota State. She didn't commit an attack error en route to a .571 attack percentage. She also notched three aces. Treanor closed out the weekend just shy of a double-double against No. 24 Wichita State, finishing with 16 kills and nine digs.
The weekly award was Treanor's first of her career.
Other nominees: Bakersfield's Debora Araujo was named to the Wildcat Classic all-tournament team after posting a pair of double-doubles and averaging 4.50 kills and 3.17 blocks per set; Valeria Desiderio of Chicago State was named to the all-tournament team at the UIC Invitational after averaging 3.40 kills and 2.60 digs over three matches; Grand Canyon's Lanie Muys earned all-tournament honors at the Wildcat Weekend after averaging 1.78 kills and 0.84 blocks; Alyssa Schultz of Idaho posted her first career double-double and earned all-tournament team honors at the Wyoming Invite where she averaged 3.38 kills on .437 hitting and 1.50 blocks per set; Kansas City's Sydney Crimmins was named to the all-tournament team at the Arkansas Invitational after averaging 3.56 kills, 2.33 digs and 1.0 blocks per set; Lauren Loerch of New Mexico State earned all-tournament team honors at the Cal Molten Classic after averaging 2.73 kills, 2.0 digs and 0.8 blocks per set; Seattle U's Martina Samadan averaged 4.11 kills on .412 hitting, 0.89 digs and 0.78 blocks and was named to the all-tournament team at the Wildcat Weekend; Alisha Watson of Texas-Pan American was named to the all-tournament team at the Marriott Houston Westchase Classic after averaging 1.58 kills, 2.33 digs, 0.50 blocks and 0.42 service aces over the three matches.
Treanor and UVU return to the PE Building in Orem on Tuesday to host No. 13 BYU. The rivalry match begins at 7 p.m. and will be televised locally on UVU TV.
James Warnick is an assistant sports information director at Utah Valley University. For more information about Wolverine athletics, visit www.WolverineGreen.com.
- UVU golf: Wright takes first round lead at...
- UVU baseball: Wolverines complete sweep of CSUB
- UVU golf: Utah Valley remains in third place...
- UVU golf: 3 UVU golfers finish in top 10 at...
- Orem woman makes history by joining Army...
- UVU softball: Wolverines drop twin bill at...
- UVU baseball: Wolverines knock off No. 26...
- UVU softball: Utah Valley erupts for 25 runs...
- Orem woman makes history by joining... 17
- UVU softball: late surge leads UVU to... 0
- UVU softball: Wolverines drop WAC... 0
- UVU baseball: Wolverines erase early... 0
- UVU golf: Wright takes first round lead... 0
- UVU baseball: Wolverines complete sweep... 0
- UVU golf: Utah Valley remains in third... 0
- UVU golf: 3 UVU golfers finish in top... 0