Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
ANTELOPE ISLAND — Davis County's Antelope Island Stampede Festival came to a close Sunday night after three days of kite flying, hot air balloon launches, BMX stunt shows and music.
The annual festival ran from Friday to Sunday, culminating in a performance by Diamond Xperience, a Neil Diamond tribute band. Official attendance numbers were not available Sunday, but the festival's marketing chair Kathi Dysert said organizers were pleased with the turnout.
"The stampede has grown so much," she said. "Car counts are up and the crowds have been steady all weekend long."
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: bjaminwood
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8