Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
ANTELOPE ISLAND — Davis County's Antelope Island Stampede Festival came to a close Sunday night after three days of kite flying, hot air balloon launches, BMX stunt shows and music.
The annual festival ran from Friday to Sunday, culminating in a performance by Diamond Xperience, a Neil Diamond tribute band. Official attendance numbers were not available Sunday, but the festival's marketing chair Kathi Dysert said organizers were pleased with the turnout.
"The stampede has grown so much," she said. "Car counts are up and the crowds have been steady all weekend long."
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: bjaminwood
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12