Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
ANTELOPE ISLAND — Davis County's Antelope Island Stampede Festival came to a close Sunday night after three days of kite flying, hot air balloon launches, BMX stunt shows and music.
The annual festival ran from Friday to Sunday, culminating in a performance by Diamond Xperience, a Neil Diamond tribute band. Official attendance numbers were not available Sunday, but the festival's marketing chair Kathi Dysert said organizers were pleased with the turnout.
"The stampede has grown so much," she said. "Car counts are up and the crowds have been steady all weekend long."
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: bjaminwood
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- The truth about addiction
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 48
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18