LAYTON — A 15-year-old has died one day after falling while hiking in Adam's Canyon, according Davis County Undersheriff Brent Peters.
The boy, whose identity was not released by police, was hiking in the canyon with a group of five friends Saturday evening. Peters said the teen was exploring an area near a waterfall when he slipped and fell approximately 80 feet.
The teen was transported by helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center with injuries to his head and ribs.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8