LAYTON — A 15-year-old has died one day after falling while hiking in Adam's Canyon, according Davis County Undersheriff Brent Peters.
The boy, whose identity was not released by police, was hiking in the canyon with a group of five friends Saturday evening. Peters said the teen was exploring an area near a waterfall when he slipped and fell approximately 80 feet.
The teen was transported by helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center with injuries to his head and ribs.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes into...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 15