LAYTON — A 15-year-old has died one day after falling while hiking in Adam's Canyon, according Davis County Undersheriff Brent Peters.
The boy, whose identity was not released by police, was hiking in the canyon with a group of five friends Saturday evening. Peters said the teen was exploring an area near a waterfall when he slipped and fell approximately 80 feet.
The teen was transported by helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center with injuries to his head and ribs.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- South Jordan mother spends days caring for...
- Repo man charged with manslaughter in...
- Report: Tourism spending in Utah grew to...
- Herbert appoints new 3rd District Court judge
- Polygamous food stamp fraud trial pushed back...
- Bomb threats called in to 2 Utah schools
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 105
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 40
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 33
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9
- IRS scam goes far beyond a phone call... 8
- San Juan County Commissioner appeals... 8