LAYTON — A 15-year-old has died one day after falling while hiking in Adam's Canyon, according Davis County Undersheriff Brent Peters.
The boy, whose identity was not released by police, was hiking in the canyon with a group of five friends Saturday evening. Peters said the teen was exploring an area near a waterfall when he slipped and fell approximately 80 feet.
The teen was transported by helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center with injuries to his head and ribs.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22