SALT LAKE CITY — Police arrested a man Saturday in connection with the fatal shooting of a man found on a Salt Lake sidewalk.
Nicholas James Valdez, 27, was arrested on suspicion of homicide in the death of 28-year-old David Gonzalez, according to Salt Lake police.
Nelson Torres, a cousin of Gonzalez, issued a family statement saying, "David was a loyal, loving, heartfelt individual who will be severely missed and thought of every day by his whole family."
According to a resident in the area, a gun was found in the backyard of a nearby house and a business owner on the same street said he gave police surveillance tape to review. Police have not identified a motive for the killing.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8