SALT LAKE CITY — Police arrested a man Saturday in connection with the fatal shooting of a man found on a Salt Lake sidewalk.
Nicholas James Valdez, 27, was arrested on suspicion of homicide in the death of 28-year-old David Gonzalez, according to Salt Lake police.
Nelson Torres, a cousin of Gonzalez, issued a family statement saying, "David was a loyal, loving, heartfelt individual who will be severely missed and thought of every day by his whole family."
According to a resident in the area, a gun was found in the backyard of a nearby house and a business owner on the same street said he gave police surveillance tape to review. Police have not identified a motive for the killing.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 37
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 20
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 19
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for... 13