SALT LAKE CITY — Police arrested a man Saturday in connection with the fatal shooting of a man found on a Salt Lake sidewalk.
Nicholas James Valdez, 27, was arrested on suspicion of homicide in the death of 28-year-old David Gonzalez, according to Salt Lake police.
Nelson Torres, a cousin of Gonzalez, issued a family statement saying, "David was a loyal, loving, heartfelt individual who will be severely missed and thought of every day by his whole family."
According to a resident in the area, a gun was found in the backyard of a nearby house and a business owner on the same street said he gave police surveillance tape to review. Police have not identified a motive for the killing.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7