SALT LAKE CITY — Police arrested a man Saturday in connection with the fatal shooting of a man found on a Salt Lake sidewalk.
Nicholas James Valdez, 27, was arrested on suspicion of homicide in the death of 28-year-old David Gonzalez, according to Salt Lake police.
Nelson Torres, a cousin of Gonzalez, issued a family statement saying, "David was a loyal, loving, heartfelt individual who will be severely missed and thought of every day by his whole family."
According to a resident in the area, a gun was found in the backyard of a nearby house and a business owner on the same street said he gave police surveillance tape to review. Police have not identified a motive for the killing.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Utah mother who left 11-month-old in... 13