SALT LAKE CITY — Police arrested a man Saturday in connection with the fatal shooting of a man found on a Salt Lake sidewalk.
Nicholas James Valdez, 27, was arrested on suspicion of homicide in the death of 28-year-old David Gonzalez, according to Salt Lake police.
Nelson Torres, a cousin of Gonzalez, issued a family statement saying, "David was a loyal, loving, heartfelt individual who will be severely missed and thought of every day by his whole family."
According to a resident in the area, a gun was found in the backyard of a nearby house and a business owner on the same street said he gave police surveillance tape to review. Police have not identified a motive for the killing.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Herbert signs bills for Fairpark arena funds,...
- Police answering welfare call find woman...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 25
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14