SALT LAKE COUNTY — Six people are in police custody following a home invasion robbery on the west side of the Salt Lake Valley. Unified Police arrested two females and four males after the group allegedly stormed into a house and tied up several occupants, before getting away with electronics and cash.
Lt. Justin Hoyal of the Unified Police Dept. said a 27-year-old man who lived at 4941 S. 4135 West had been communicating with Ashley Rivera, 20, for several months over Facebook about a business deal for an auto club. He had made arrangements to meet with Rivera to discuss the business venture.
Upon arriving at 1 a.m. on Saturday, Rivera is suspected of entering the home followed by three armed men and a juvenile who held the victim at gunpoint and used zip ties to restrain him, the man’s sister and her boyfriend who were also in the home. After leading the trio to the basement, the alleged perpetrators attempted to coax a 4-year old child to leave the house with them, but the child refused, police said.
Other occupants of the house who were upstairs were awakened by the commotion prompting the woman and four males to flee in a vehicle parked outside that was allegedly driven by a second 20-year old female, Kylee Tenifa.
The group reportedly stole computers, mobile phones and cash before driving away in a Black Nissan Altima.
Authorities tracked the group to a house in West Valley City. After negotiating, all six people surrendered without incident.
Rivera, Tenifa, Morgan Hoist, 18, Wayne Lolani, 19, Ryon Lokeni, 26 and a 17-year old male were taken into custody on suspicion of aggravated robbery, aggravated burglary and attempted kidnapping.
"What they did here was a very violent crime, and we're very fortunate that nobody got hurt," Hoyal said
E-mail: email@example.com, Twitter: JasenLee1
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- Appeals judges question right to sue in...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24