PROVO — BYU today released its latest promotion on YouTube. Titled "Mini BYU Campus," the video takes viewers through a virtual tour of Brigham Young University's campus and athletic facilities, but has been produced in such a manner that it appears as though the campus has been miniaturized.
The video will air on national TV during BYU football games for the 2013 season.
The college football season offers universities across the nation an opportunity to do something other than showcase their athletes. It offers them an opportunity to showcase their campuses and culture in an effort to promote themselves, their culture and the quality of the education they offer.
To take advantage of this opportunity, universities frequently produce short video segments that air on television during college football games. These promotional videos highlight the cultural, architectural and academic strengths each university has to offer.
Several other promotional videos have been released by local colleges in years past. Among the better-known local promotions are BYU's "Real Cougar" promotion, featuring several former BYU athletes talking to a live cougar, leading him around campus as if recruiting him for an athletic scholarship, the University of Utah's "Imagine U." promotion, and Utah State University's "Pride" promotion.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27