OREM — A high school soccer coach has been charged with unlawful sexual activity with a 17-year-old girl.
Angel Enciso-Lezama, 48, the boys soccer coach at Timpanogos High School, was issued a citation charging him with unlawful sexual activity with a minor, a class A misdemeanor, in July. The alleged victim worked for him at a private business, said Orem Police Lt. Craig Martinez.
"The victim was helping her boss, our suspect, clean out or move stuff around his storage unit. During that time there was a lot of inappropriate conversations taking place that then led to some inappropriate touching," Martinez said. "There was no sex or allegations of any sex, but it still concerns us due to the age of the victim and the suspect."
The teen told her aunt about the incident and she notified police. Martinez said it was an isolated case. "We don't believe there's any more victims," he said.
Enciso said Friday he was shocked by the allegation and denied any sexual activity with the girl. He informed school officials of the charge against him Friday after he was contacted by the Deseret News.
"He disclosed to the principal what happened and what was alleged that was done," said Alpine School District spokesman John Patten. "He mentioned that he is anxious to get his day in court, that he didn't do what he is charged with doing."
Enciso, of Orem, has worked at the high school for five years but is not a full-time employee. He is also a club coach with the Utah Youth Soccer Association. When informed about the charge, a representative for the association said it planned to take action against him.
He is scheduled to appear in 4th District Court in Spanish Fork on Sept. 20.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 92
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24