MURRAY — Murray City Power is celebrating 100 years of providing community-owner power to city residents.
The agency will mark the occasion with Public Power Week, Sept. 8-14, which includes a celebration event. The event will be Sept. 12, 4-6:30 p.m. at Murray City Park and will feature food, energy and power demonstrations, balloons and popcorn, and a "Power Bucks" drawing for more than $2,000 in prizes.
The event is for Murray City Power customers only. For more information, call 801-264-2730.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17