MURRAY — Murray City Power is celebrating 100 years of providing community-owner power to city residents.
The agency will mark the occasion with Public Power Week, Sept. 8-14, which includes a celebration event. The event will be Sept. 12, 4-6:30 p.m. at Murray City Park and will feature food, energy and power demonstrations, balloons and popcorn, and a "Power Bucks" drawing for more than $2,000 in prizes.
The event is for Murray City Power customers only. For more information, call 801-264-2730.
- Idea for Burt's Bees land to become park...
- Richard Norby released from hospital, returns...
- Man charged with assaulting former boss...
- 10 of the most unusual laws in Utah
- Skyline senior rides motorcycle through...
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees
- Cache Valley man who claimed top secret...
- Man hit, killed by FrontRunner train in Provo
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 112
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed... 25
- Sen. Hatch set to tour Utah's national... 18
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 17
- Provo forum to explore roles of family,... 14
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in... 11
- Medical marijuana debate focuses on... 10
- Utah lawsuit challenges porn filter fees 9