MURRAY — Murray City Power is celebrating 100 years of providing community-owner power to city residents.
The agency will mark the occasion with Public Power Week, Sept. 8-14, which includes a celebration event. The event will be Sept. 12, 4-6:30 p.m. at Murray City Park and will feature food, energy and power demonstrations, balloons and popcorn, and a "Power Bucks" drawing for more than $2,000 in prizes.
The event is for Murray City Power customers only. For more information, call 801-264-2730.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 162
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 36
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17