The LDS Church released several statistics regarding membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints around the world. The LDS Church has 14,782,478 members worldwide, with 56 percent living outside the United States and Canada.
Numbers also showed the LDS Church as the fourth largest Christian religion in the U.S. with 6,321,416 members.
The Mormon Newsroom reported that according to the National Council of Churches, the LDS Church is the second-fastest-growing church in the United States. The Newsroom recognizes that growth rates vary across the world, and said "many other factors contribute to the strength of the Church, most especially the devotion and commitment of its members."
Recently, the LDS Church released a series of videos to provide an introduction to the church, its members and various doctrines, programs and organizations.
"These videos help facilitate an introduction to the church for those who may not be familiar with our beliefs and practices," LDS spokeswoman Ruth Todd told the Deseret News. "Church members may choose to share the videos through social media channels, while those serving in a public affairs capacity can use the videos in their outreach to leaders in their respective communities."
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- State bills to protect religious freedom...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A look back...
- Why I don’t call myself a ‘Mormon...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 154
- Why I don’t call myself a... 91
- 'A marvellous work and a wonder': A... 62
- What Mormons should know about NBC's... 51
- Kara Tippetts, Christian who blogged... 26
- Why Ted Cruz launched his presidential... 17
- Heaven can wait, Christian bookstore... 17
- Millennials are the ‘don’t... 14