The LDS Church released several statistics regarding membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints around the world. The LDS Church has 14,782,478 members worldwide, with 56 percent living outside the United States and Canada.
Numbers also showed the LDS Church as the fourth largest Christian religion in the U.S. with 6,321,416 members.
The Mormon Newsroom reported that according to the National Council of Churches, the LDS Church is the second-fastest-growing church in the United States. The Newsroom recognizes that growth rates vary across the world, and said "many other factors contribute to the strength of the Church, most especially the devotion and commitment of its members."
Recently, the LDS Church released a series of videos to provide an introduction to the church, its members and various doctrines, programs and organizations.
"These videos help facilitate an introduction to the church for those who may not be familiar with our beliefs and practices," LDS spokeswoman Ruth Todd told the Deseret News. "Church members may choose to share the videos through social media channels, while those serving in a public affairs capacity can use the videos in their outreach to leaders in their respective communities."
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared Scouts rescue couple off Mount...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- Comic: Overcome with the spirit
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 49
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 7
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Hindu festival celebrates birth of Lord... 2