SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Keith E. Eddington and Ryan B. Evershed as judges in 8th District Juvenile Court, and Samuel P. Chiara as judge in 8th District Court.
"Keith, Ryan and Samuel have each proven to be dedicated professionals capable of protecting and serving the people of Utah," Herbert said. "I'm confident their extensive ability and experience will greatly benefit our state."
Eddington began private practice in 2006 and served as a Ute Tribe Social Service attorney. Eddington also has taught business law as an adjunct professor at Utah State University and served as assistant attorney general in the state's Child Protection Division. He received his Juris Doctor from J. Reuben Clark Law School at BYU.
Evershed represented the Child Protection Division of the Utah Attorney General's Office in court cases involving child abuse, neglect and dependency. In 2008, he opened his own practice, specializing in family, criminal and juvenile law. Evershed serves on the advisory board for the Uintah/Daggett County Children's Justice Center. Evershed received his Juris Doctor from the University of Toledo College of Law.
Chiara began private practice in 1997 and has worked in contracts, property law, criminal defense, family law, personal injury and probate. He also served on the Carbon County School Board and serves as a volunteer instructor of business law at the College of Eastern Utah. Chiara received his Juris Doctor from J. Reuben Clark Law School at BYU.
Judicial appointments are subject to confirmation by the Utah State Senate. The 8th District serves Daggett, Duchesne and Uintah counties.
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- About Utah: All the mac and cheese they can eat
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 28
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Cities, state battle panhandling... 21
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 11