SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Keith E. Eddington and Ryan B. Evershed as judges in 8th District Juvenile Court, and Samuel P. Chiara as judge in 8th District Court.
"Keith, Ryan and Samuel have each proven to be dedicated professionals capable of protecting and serving the people of Utah," Herbert said. "I'm confident their extensive ability and experience will greatly benefit our state."
Eddington began private practice in 2006 and served as a Ute Tribe Social Service attorney. Eddington also has taught business law as an adjunct professor at Utah State University and served as assistant attorney general in the state's Child Protection Division. He received his Juris Doctor from J. Reuben Clark Law School at BYU.
Evershed represented the Child Protection Division of the Utah Attorney General's Office in court cases involving child abuse, neglect and dependency. In 2008, he opened his own practice, specializing in family, criminal and juvenile law. Evershed serves on the advisory board for the Uintah/Daggett County Children's Justice Center. Evershed received his Juris Doctor from the University of Toledo College of Law.
Chiara began private practice in 1997 and has worked in contracts, property law, criminal defense, family law, personal injury and probate. He also served on the Carbon County School Board and serves as a volunteer instructor of business law at the College of Eastern Utah. Chiara received his Juris Doctor from J. Reuben Clark Law School at BYU.
Judicial appointments are subject to confirmation by the Utah State Senate. The 8th District serves Daggett, Duchesne and Uintah counties.
- BYU student health plan exemption expires
- Woman accused of stabbing girlfriend 46 times...
- Utah bachelor lets sister set him up on 31...
- 'One drink, one time': New research shows...
- $1M in heroin found in 'complex' hidden...
- FBI investigating fatal crash on Ute reservation
- SAGE scores, 2015: Top Utah schools in...
- Police say unlicensed massage therapist...
- BYU student health plan exemption expires 49
- Popular Provo teacher imprisoned for... 44
- Family of man killed by Spanish Fork... 33
- Does coal have a future in Utah? Should... 27
- Students see 'great growth' in second... 17
- About Utah: He walked around the lake... 15
- Bishop, Chaffetz say EPA knew spill... 15
- New law helps Utah avoid marriage... 15