Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Week 2 of the 2013 prep football season boasts a state-record 58 games with every team but Monument Valley in action. Of those contests, a season-high 14 involve out-of-state opponents.
Among those games, East hosts Kahuku (Hawaii) on Saturday. The Leopards haven’t faced a non-Utah opponent since falling to Pocatello in 1947 – 66 years ago. However, East has tangled with another Hawaiian team before – McKinley (Honolulu) in 1941 and 1946 – losing both times at East.
Also, West Jordan plays an out-of-state team for the first time in its 33-year history when the Jags take on the Shelley Russets, the Idaho 2012 Class 3A champions, in Pocatello. The Russets aren’t done with Utah schools as they visit Manti during Week 4.
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27