Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
Week 2 of the 2013 prep football season boasts a state-record 58 games with every team but Monument Valley in action. Of those contests, a season-high 14 involve out-of-state opponents.
Among those games, East hosts Kahuku (Hawaii) on Saturday. The Leopards haven’t faced a non-Utah opponent since falling to Pocatello in 1947 – 66 years ago. However, East has tangled with another Hawaiian team before – McKinley (Honolulu) in 1941 and 1946 – losing both times at East.
Also, West Jordan plays an out-of-state team for the first time in its 33-year history when the Jags take on the Shelley Russets, the Idaho 2012 Class 3A champions, in Pocatello. The Russets aren’t done with Utah schools as they visit Manti during Week 4.
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions – email email@example.com
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 70
- First steps: Utes open season with... 67
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 36
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 30
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28