MSNBC screen shot
Abby Huntsman, the 27-year-old daughter of 2012 presidential candidate and former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman Jr., is already making quite a name for herself as a co-host on the MSNBC show “The Cycle.”
Last week, the Deseret News canvassed some of the praise Huntsman has earned for “redefining feminism for our time” and standing up to a bully pundit. In that light, though, it’s also fair to highlight instances when she receives less-than-flattering reviews from civil media voices.
On Tuesday, the Washington Post media blogger Erik Wemple called out Huntsman for botching her analysis of recent developments in Syria, and then abruptly steering the discussion to economic issues.
“On most cable-news shows, Huntsman wouldn’t have been allowed an escape into the more safe refuge of Beltway fiscal struggles,” Wemple wrote. “But she managed, perhaps because the other roundtable members didn’t want to embarrass her. Before the segment was finished, she wobbled yet again, this time on the topic of whether President Obama or congressional Republicans would be to blame for further Washington gridlock.”
The segment Wemple flambéed is available on MSNBC's website, and the specific portion he dissected begins around the 3:26 mark.
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Can you guess when these 17 animated Disney...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy era
- The problems grandparents face when...
- A letter to my boys: The real reason I say no...
- Pornography conference probes perils,... 6
- Erin Stewart: Saying goodbye to a mommy... 5
- She paid for a family's groceries and... 5
- Schooled by autism: 5 lessons from my... 3
- Ask Mr. Dad: How to handle stress of... 2
- Sherry Young: Protecting our family in... 2
- What causes do men care about? Kids and... 1
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof... 1