SPANISH FORK — A property dispute ended in a hit-and-run accident and a woman in critical condition Tuesday.
About 7:30 p.m., two women got into an argument over items being removed from a residence near 350 South and 500 East, said Spanish Fork Police Lt. Matt Johnson.
As one woman was about to drive off in her truck, a 43-year-old woman put her arm in the partially rolled down window in an apparent attempt to stop her from leaving, he said.
"Somehow her arm had been caught in the window of the vehicle. The driver of the vehicle proceeded to drive away from the scene. The vehicle was towing a trailer that contained three 4-wheelers as well as a snowblower on the trailer," Johnson said.
The victim was dragged a short distance before her arm became dislodged and she fell, and the trailer ran over her head, Johnson said.
Police spotted the pickup truck several blocks away and arrested Dianna Carlson, "a known drug user in the city," according to a police affidavit filed in 4th District Court.
She was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault, possession of meth, possession of drug paraphernalia, and driving on a revoked license.
A male passenger was also arrested on an unrelated drug warrant.
The victim was being treated at a local hospital for several injuries, including a skull fracture and bleeding on the brain, the affidavit states. "It was also unknown if the victim would survive through the night."
Johnson did not have an updated condition on the woman Wednesday.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21