SPANISH FORK — A property dispute ended in a hit-and-run accident and a woman in critical condition Tuesday.
About 7:30 p.m., two women got into an argument over items being removed from a residence near 350 South and 500 East, said Spanish Fork Police Lt. Matt Johnson.
As one woman was about to drive off in her truck, a 43-year-old woman put her arm in the partially rolled down window in an apparent attempt to stop her from leaving, he said.
"Somehow her arm had been caught in the window of the vehicle. The driver of the vehicle proceeded to drive away from the scene. The vehicle was towing a trailer that contained three 4-wheelers as well as a snowblower on the trailer," Johnson said.
The victim was dragged a short distance before her arm became dislodged and she fell, and the trailer ran over her head, Johnson said.
Police spotted the pickup truck several blocks away and arrested Dianna Carlson, "a known drug user in the city," according to a police affidavit filed in 4th District Court.
She was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault, possession of meth, possession of drug paraphernalia, and driving on a revoked license.
A male passenger was also arrested on an unrelated drug warrant.
The victim was being treated at a local hospital for several injuries, including a skull fracture and bleeding on the brain, the affidavit states. "It was also unknown if the victim would survive through the night."
Johnson did not have an updated condition on the woman Wednesday.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15
- Second student sues district over... 14