SPANISH FORK — A property dispute ended in a hit-and-run accident and a woman in critical condition Tuesday.
About 7:30 p.m., two women got into an argument over items being removed from a residence near 350 South and 500 East, said Spanish Fork Police Lt. Matt Johnson.
As one woman was about to drive off in her truck, a 43-year-old woman put her arm in the partially rolled down window in an apparent attempt to stop her from leaving, he said.
"Somehow her arm had been caught in the window of the vehicle. The driver of the vehicle proceeded to drive away from the scene. The vehicle was towing a trailer that contained three 4-wheelers as well as a snowblower on the trailer," Johnson said.
The victim was dragged a short distance before her arm became dislodged and she fell, and the trailer ran over her head, Johnson said.
Police spotted the pickup truck several blocks away and arrested Dianna Carlson, "a known drug user in the city," according to a police affidavit filed in 4th District Court.
She was booked into the Utah County Jail for investigation of aggravated assault, possession of meth, possession of drug paraphernalia, and driving on a revoked license.
A male passenger was also arrested on an unrelated drug warrant.
The victim was being treated at a local hospital for several injuries, including a skull fracture and bleeding on the brain, the affidavit states. "It was also unknown if the victim would survive through the night."
Johnson did not have an updated condition on the woman Wednesday.
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- About Utah: After 72 years, Keith Hottinger...
- Drunk driver crashes through West Valley...
- John Swallow lost computer hard drive on...
- Hill Air Force Base employee killed in...
- Flu season off and running in Utah; H1N1...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 117
- Many Mormon missionaries who return... 79
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 29
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 29
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday... 16