Matt Gillis , Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Housing and Neighborhood Development Division has invited residents to participate in a hearing to gather public comments on overall housing and community development needs for low- and moderate-income city residents.
Each year, the city receives funding from federal programs which include Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, HOME Investment Partnership Program and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS. Information gathered at the public hearing will be used to prioritize funding to address community needs.
Needs may include community centers, economic development, housing improvements, neighborhood improvements, parks, public services or improvements to sidewalks and streets.
The hearing is Monday, Sept. 9, 5:30 p.m. at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State, Room 126.
Written comments can be emailed to Tammy Hunsaker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments must be received by Sept. 13. Limit comments to the benefit of the “general needs” of city residents.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities or those in need of language interpretation services can be provided if four working days’ notice is given by calling 801-535-7777. Hearing impaired people who wish to attend the meeting should contact the TDD service number, 801-535‑6021, four days in advance so an interpreter can be provided. Physical access entrance and parking are located on the east side of the building.
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 289
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 128
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35