Matt Gillis , Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Housing and Neighborhood Development Division has invited residents to participate in a hearing to gather public comments on overall housing and community development needs for low- and moderate-income city residents.
Each year, the city receives funding from federal programs which include Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, HOME Investment Partnership Program and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS. Information gathered at the public hearing will be used to prioritize funding to address community needs.
Needs may include community centers, economic development, housing improvements, neighborhood improvements, parks, public services or improvements to sidewalks and streets.
The hearing is Monday, Sept. 9, 5:30 p.m. at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State, Room 126.
Written comments can be emailed to Tammy Hunsaker at email@example.com. Comments must be received by Sept. 13. Limit comments to the benefit of the “general needs” of city residents.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities or those in need of language interpretation services can be provided if four working days’ notice is given by calling 801-535-7777. Hearing impaired people who wish to attend the meeting should contact the TDD service number, 801-535‑6021, four days in advance so an interpreter can be provided. Physical access entrance and parking are located on the east side of the building.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9