Matt Gillis , Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Housing and Neighborhood Development Division has invited residents to participate in a hearing to gather public comments on overall housing and community development needs for low- and moderate-income city residents.
Each year, the city receives funding from federal programs which include Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, HOME Investment Partnership Program and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS. Information gathered at the public hearing will be used to prioritize funding to address community needs.
Needs may include community centers, economic development, housing improvements, neighborhood improvements, parks, public services or improvements to sidewalks and streets.
The hearing is Monday, Sept. 9, 5:30 p.m. at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State, Room 126.
Written comments can be emailed to Tammy Hunsaker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments must be received by Sept. 13. Limit comments to the benefit of the “general needs” of city residents.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities or those in need of language interpretation services can be provided if four working days’ notice is given by calling 801-535-7777. Hearing impaired people who wish to attend the meeting should contact the TDD service number, 801-535‑6021, four days in advance so an interpreter can be provided. Physical access entrance and parking are located on the east side of the building.
- Local religious leaders urge support for...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Cities, state battle panhandling through the...
- Man killed in avalanche had a passion for...
- Dog lovers walk to support anti-bias measure
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- Body of man, 51, discovered outside Cedar City
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 56
- National, local businesses file briefs... 54
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 31
- Judge: Biological father will share... 27
- The story of a fish, a river and what's... 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 20
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 19