Matt Gillis , Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Housing and Neighborhood Development Division has invited residents to participate in a hearing to gather public comments on overall housing and community development needs for low- and moderate-income city residents.
Each year, the city receives funding from federal programs which include Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, HOME Investment Partnership Program and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS. Information gathered at the public hearing will be used to prioritize funding to address community needs.
Needs may include community centers, economic development, housing improvements, neighborhood improvements, parks, public services or improvements to sidewalks and streets.
The hearing is Monday, Sept. 9, 5:30 p.m. at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State, Room 126.
Written comments can be emailed to Tammy Hunsaker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments must be received by Sept. 13. Limit comments to the benefit of the “general needs” of city residents.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities or those in need of language interpretation services can be provided if four working days’ notice is given by calling 801-535-7777. Hearing impaired people who wish to attend the meeting should contact the TDD service number, 801-535‑6021, four days in advance so an interpreter can be provided. Physical access entrance and parking are located on the east side of the building.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 15