Matt Gillis , Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Housing and Neighborhood Development Division has invited residents to participate in a hearing to gather public comments on overall housing and community development needs for low- and moderate-income city residents.
Each year, the city receives funding from federal programs which include Community Development Block Grant, Emergency Solutions Grant, HOME Investment Partnership Program and Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS. Information gathered at the public hearing will be used to prioritize funding to address community needs.
Needs may include community centers, economic development, housing improvements, neighborhood improvements, parks, public services or improvements to sidewalks and streets.
The hearing is Monday, Sept. 9, 5:30 p.m. at the Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State, Room 126.
Written comments can be emailed to Tammy Hunsaker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments must be received by Sept. 13. Limit comments to the benefit of the “general needs” of city residents.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities or those in need of language interpretation services can be provided if four working days’ notice is given by calling 801-535-7777. Hearing impaired people who wish to attend the meeting should contact the TDD service number, 801-535‑6021, four days in advance so an interpreter can be provided. Physical access entrance and parking are located on the east side of the building.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 160
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 83
- Police release names of officers... 37
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 34
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17