The 15 best quotes from Martin Luther King's 'I Have a Dream' speech
On Aug. 28, 1963, the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
Today, Aug. 28, 2013, marks the 50th anniversary of this historic event. This speech helped galvanize the Civil Rights movement and brought the plight of the disenfranchised to a larger national and international audience.
In honor of that historic moment, we have compiled three lists that provide a glimpse into the speech and the events leading up to the March on Washington.
List: The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century ("I Have a Dream" tops the list)
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 39
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 32