The 15 best quotes from Martin Luther King's 'I Have a Dream' speech
On Aug. 28, 1963, the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
Today, Aug. 28, 2013, marks the 50th anniversary of this historic event. This speech helped galvanize the Civil Rights movement and brought the plight of the disenfranchised to a larger national and international audience.
In honor of that historic moment, we have compiled three lists that provide a glimpse into the speech and the events leading up to the March on Washington.
List: The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century ("I Have a Dream" tops the list)
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23