The 15 best quotes from Martin Luther King's 'I Have a Dream' speech
On Aug. 28, 1963, the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
Today, Aug. 28, 2013, marks the 50th anniversary of this historic event. This speech helped galvanize the Civil Rights movement and brought the plight of the disenfranchised to a larger national and international audience.
In honor of that historic moment, we have compiled three lists that provide a glimpse into the speech and the events leading up to the March on Washington.
List: The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century ("I Have a Dream" tops the list)
- About Utah: He's going public (again) for a...
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of measuring...
- In our opinion: Federal Reserve Bank faces...
- Letter: Just one breadwinner
- My view: Climate change denial: Scientific...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The power of Moore's Law...
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- John Hoffmire: The difficulty of... 38
- Letter: Next president? 36
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 34
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win... 28
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 28