The 15 best quotes from Martin Luther King's 'I Have a Dream' speech
On Aug. 28, 1963, the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.
Today, Aug. 28, 2013, marks the 50th anniversary of this historic event. This speech helped galvanize the Civil Rights movement and brought the plight of the disenfranchised to a larger national and international audience.
In honor of that historic moment, we have compiled three lists that provide a glimpse into the speech and the events leading up to the March on Washington.
List: The most significant American political speeches of the 20th century ("I Have a Dream" tops the list)
- Your future Utah needs your input now —...
- Drew Clark: Congress should modernize highway...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Mediocre...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economic turmoil in...
- Stuart Reid: Despite study results, religion...
- Letter: Special treatment
- Letter: Chamber's misleading ad
- My View: Trade promotion authority would...
- My view: Reducing benefits gradually... 36
- Letter: A constant example 17
- National debt not just financial issue... 14
- Letter: The good ones 14
- Letter: Put people in control 13
- Letter: Today's young people care about... 11
- In our opinion: Clinton Foundation's... 8
- Jay Evensen: Why would anyone fill out... 7