On Tuesday morning, Councilman Charlie Luke toured the Carriage for Hire facility. He addressed the group at the vigil prior to the City Council meeting and thanked those gathered for not letting the issue disappear.
"Everything is on the table," he said. "What I don't want to do as a council member is try to get stuck with one position at this point."
Last week, the City Council formally authorized the use of council staff to look into the issue, Luke said.
Councilman Luke Garrott said the fact that Carriage for Hire misrepresented facts is "very, very disturbing."
Garrott said the company's license will automatically be renewed unless it violates city ordinances.
"Until we can prove that they have violated part of our ordinance, we can't yank or even suspend their permits," he said. "That's a problem, and that needs to change."
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 99
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18