Photo gallery: Salt Lake County Jail hosting tours of Horticulture Program garden
Ravell Call, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake County Corrections on Tuesday began conducting public tours of the Horticulture Program garden at the Salt Lake County Jail.
Tours are conducted by a horticulturist and last approximately 45 to 60 minutes. Tourists will be shown the various crops planted and learn of all the benefits and rewards that this program has brought to the community, jail facility and the prisoners maintaining it.
Tours are offered once per month until all of the produce has been harvested. Time options are noon and 5 p.m. Space is limited. To reserve a spot, email Cheri Livingston email@example.com or call 801-974-7700.
The jail garden is located at 3415 S. 900 West directly south of the Adult Detention Center. Prisoners will be working in the garden during the tour. For this reason, no guests under the age of 16 will be permitted. No cameras, cellphones, or other personal items are allowed in the garden.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12