Book review: 'Emergency Air' shares how to pump, ventilate air in an emergency
Editor's note: Preparing for emergencies, from natural disasters to a house fire, shouldn’t have to be a stressful or expensive. Here is one of three recently reviewed books that have suggestions on different aspects of emergency preparedness.
"EMERGENCY AIR: For Shelter-in-Place Preppers and Home-Built Bunkers," by F.J. Bohan, Paladin Press, $10, 122 pages (nf)
“Emergency Air” is a do-it-yourself book for those interested in building their own air pump and ventilation system for crises. Author F.J. Bohan makes an excellent argument in his book when he emphasizes that unless individuals have access to breathable air, all their other disaster preparations will be for naught.
Using vacuums and buckets, “Emergency Air” gives plans for air pumps relying on everything from electricity to man-power. Bohan explains how to block any room from potential airborne hazards and how to safely ventilate that location.
He lists all the needed supplies, provides many black and white pictures, and gives step-by-step instructions regarding how to build each apparatus for less than $100. With a few simple tools and his easy-to-follow book, supplying safe air for one's family can be manageable.
Because this book deals with emergencies, it references possible doomsday scenarios but is not violent at all. There are a few references to a popular prepper phrase but, other than those, the book contains clean language.
For more than 17 years, F.J. Bohan and his family have lived off the grid. He's the author of several self-preparedness books, and “Emergency Air” is his latest volume.
Elizabeth Reid has bachelor's degrees in economics and history. She has worked in retail, medical billing, catering, education and business fields. Her favorite occupation is that of wife and mother. She blogs at www.gelatoandchocolate.blogspot.com
- Do we really need milk?
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- Your triplets just got even more special
- The effects of spanking children may surprise...
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target over...
- The Clean Cut: Girl asks boy with Down...
- Baby's introduction to food may include some...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target... 90
- Do we really need milk? 17
- The effects of spanking children may... 14
- Millennials reject capitalism and... 9
- After more than 6 years, 3 families... 9
- Families need to know of dying decision... 4
- Terminating parental rights: State... 2
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new... 2