SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Health Policy Project announced Tuesday that Matt Slonaker is the organization’s new executive director.
Slonaker most recently worked as the project’s director of Medicaid policy and collaboration, where he built a broad coalition to improve health coverage and options for Utah’s low-income wage earners and their families.
"We have monumental challenges ahead of us, but given Utah’s collaborative spirit and commitment to finding workable solutions, we will succeed in creating a better health care system for Utah families,” Slonaker said.
“We know he will provide the leadership to address the critical issues created by launching the Affordable Care Act and other important health needs facing Utahns,” said Jennifer Pathak, chairwoman of the project’s Board of Trustees.
Prior to his work in Utah, Slonaker gained national and state level health policy experience by working on health care reform for U.S. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., and on state Medicaid reform at Care for the Homeless, a New York City-based health care organization.
The Utah Health Policy Project is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose goal is building solutions to the challenges of the uninsured and rising health care costs.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12