SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Health Policy Project announced Tuesday that Matt Slonaker is the organization’s new executive director.
Slonaker most recently worked as the project’s director of Medicaid policy and collaboration, where he built a broad coalition to improve health coverage and options for Utah’s low-income wage earners and their families.
"We have monumental challenges ahead of us, but given Utah’s collaborative spirit and commitment to finding workable solutions, we will succeed in creating a better health care system for Utah families,” Slonaker said.
“We know he will provide the leadership to address the critical issues created by launching the Affordable Care Act and other important health needs facing Utahns,” said Jennifer Pathak, chairwoman of the project’s Board of Trustees.
Prior to his work in Utah, Slonaker gained national and state level health policy experience by working on health care reform for U.S. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., and on state Medicaid reform at Care for the Homeless, a New York City-based health care organization.
The Utah Health Policy Project is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose goal is building solutions to the challenges of the uninsured and rising health care costs.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29
- Report: States manage public lands for... 23