SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Health Policy Project announced Tuesday that Matt Slonaker is the organization’s new executive director.
Slonaker most recently worked as the project’s director of Medicaid policy and collaboration, where he built a broad coalition to improve health coverage and options for Utah’s low-income wage earners and their families.
"We have monumental challenges ahead of us, but given Utah’s collaborative spirit and commitment to finding workable solutions, we will succeed in creating a better health care system for Utah families,” Slonaker said.
“We know he will provide the leadership to address the critical issues created by launching the Affordable Care Act and other important health needs facing Utahns,” said Jennifer Pathak, chairwoman of the project’s Board of Trustees.
Prior to his work in Utah, Slonaker gained national and state level health policy experience by working on health care reform for U.S. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus, D-Mont., and on state Medicaid reform at Care for the Homeless, a New York City-based health care organization.
The Utah Health Policy Project is a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization whose goal is building solutions to the challenges of the uninsured and rising health care costs.
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- Police identify man found dead near Jordan River
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Families protest at final prison relocation...
- Utah defends anti-polygamy law, saying it...
- State parks of Utah: Northern region
- Koch brothers group launches campaign against...
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 53
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks... 34
- Families protest at final prison... 32
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat... 20
- Jammed highway lights fire under Arches... 18
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked... 17
- Watchdog group accuses Utah lawmaker of... 15