Anonymous, Associated Press
The news that Neil Armstrong died is so last year, but many on Twitter don't seem to know that. Late Monday night people began tweeting “RIP Neil Armstrong” with links to ABC’s 2012 article about the astronaut's death, making the name start trending on Twitter.
According to the Inquisitr, people may have confused tweets marking the one-year anniversary of Armstrong’s death with announcements that he died.
“Whichever high esteem we hold Neil Armstrong for his lofty place in history and epic moonwalk, it seems our own memories are so short that we totally forgot he’s been dead for a year and change,” the article said.
After the initial clarification that Armstrong died Aug. 25, 2012, social media users began tweeting jokes about how his death came as a surprise to some people.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- One more way junk food is bad for you
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- No, you shouldn't feel bad about taking a nap
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- 3 ways insurers can still avoid... 13
- Outbreak of illness linked to Weber... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Social problems... 7
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Parents respond to Nicki Minaj's 'vile'... 7
- Erin Stewart: Parents: Stop pushing... 6
- In the Whirled: World peace and the... 5