Anonymous, Associated Press
The news that Neil Armstrong died is so last year, but many on Twitter don't seem to know that. Late Monday night people began tweeting “RIP Neil Armstrong” with links to ABC’s 2012 article about the astronaut's death, making the name start trending on Twitter.
According to the Inquisitr, people may have confused tweets marking the one-year anniversary of Armstrong’s death with announcements that he died.
“Whichever high esteem we hold Neil Armstrong for his lofty place in history and epic moonwalk, it seems our own memories are so short that we totally forgot he’s been dead for a year and change,” the article said.
After the initial clarification that Armstrong died Aug. 25, 2012, social media users began tweeting jokes about how his death came as a surprise to some people.
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- Doug Robinson: Reuniting families — One...
- 14-year-old boy is losing his sight but sees...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 44
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 13
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Our love-hate... 12
- The rough road of single motherhood... 11
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation... 8
- Dad tires of hearing hit 'Frozen' song,... 7