FARMINGTON — The 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court and is seeking public comment. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Paul F. Iwasaki, effective Sept. 16.
The 2nd Judicial District includes Davis, Morgan and Weber counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Debra J. Jensen, attorney, Office of Guardian ad Litem; Ryan T. Perkins, deputy county attorney, Davis County Attorney's Office; Sharon S. Sipes, attorney at law; Laura K. Thompson, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office; and Janette R. White, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office.
Written comments can be submitted to 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Brian Namba at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is Sept. 4. The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please return...
- Rally in support of police also draws counter...
- Park City police nab pair suspected of...
- Bringing joy through simple acts of kindness
- Fire at Little America Hotel forces overnight...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Looming knee surgery inspired man to carve canes
- Gary (and Rose) Neeleman: Q and A with a...
- Hatch 'sorry to see' Lee called an... 130
- List of potential prison sites cut to... 44
- Poll: Nearly two-thirds of Utahns... 29
- Rally in support of police also draws... 27
- Mia Love names KSL reporter to head... 19
- Doug Robinson: Advocate's plea: Please... 19
- Police: Gunman said he shot at trooper... 13
- Judge issues summons for 'Super Dell' 9