FARMINGTON — The 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court and is seeking public comment. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Paul F. Iwasaki, effective Sept. 16.
The 2nd Judicial District includes Davis, Morgan and Weber counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Debra J. Jensen, attorney, Office of Guardian ad Litem; Ryan T. Perkins, deputy county attorney, Davis County Attorney's Office; Sharon S. Sipes, attorney at law; Laura K. Thompson, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office; and Janette R. White, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office.
Written comments can be submitted to 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Brian Namba at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is Sept. 4. The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 42
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 39
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 14
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9