FARMINGTON — The 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court and is seeking public comment. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Paul F. Iwasaki, effective Sept. 16.
The 2nd Judicial District includes Davis, Morgan and Weber counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Debra J. Jensen, attorney, Office of Guardian ad Litem; Ryan T. Perkins, deputy county attorney, Davis County Attorney's Office; Sharon S. Sipes, attorney at law; Laura K. Thompson, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office; and Janette R. White, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office.
Written comments can be submitted to 2nd District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Brian Namba at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330. The deadline for written comments is Sept. 4. The commission may request further information or conduct an investigation of the nominees after reviewing public comments.
After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21