BYU football: BYU's Jamaal Williams ready to build on strong freshman season
“I relaxed and had fun,” he said. “I was grateful that they let me go home for a couple of weeks. That made a tremendous difference in how I’m coming into this season, because now I’ve been here for a while now. I can get back to business and don’t have to worry about anything back home, knowing that everybody’s good and okay. They support me from back there. They know why I’m here. They just love what I’m doing out here. I’m glad to be a positive role model to everybody back home.”
With game day rapidly approaching, Williams can’t wait. He loves the fact that school doesn’t start until next week. For now, he can focus completely on football.
“Hallelujah. That’s what I’m talking about. I wish every week was like that,” Williams said. “This is the best week of all time for me — to get ready for a whole week of football and no school is the dream.”
Last season, Williams’ family and friends came out to BYU road games in droves. And it appears the same will happen this year. His mother, Nicolle, has already managed to gather eight tickets for the Virginia game.
“I’ve got to get some more (tickets) from the players,” Williams said. “She always has a lot of people everywhere that want to see me play. I’m grateful for them to come out there and support me I love her for all the effort she’s put in to see me play and the whole team. She really loves BYU.”
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- 3A boys state tournament roundup: Pine View...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25