SALT LAKE CITY — A man was killed Monday after the SUV he was driving crossed into oncoming traffic and hit a tow truck head-on.
About 6:30 p.m., the black SUV was traveling north at 657 S. Redwood Road when it crossed the center line, Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said.
The driver of the SUV died on the scene. His name was not immediately released. Neither of the people in the tow truck were injured, Merino said.
Witnesses said the SUV crossed the lanes slowly, he said.
"It appeared that maybe the driver had some kind of condition that contributed to that," Merino said.
The driver of the SUV was not speeding, he said, and neither drugs nor alcohol are suspected of playing a role in the accident.
— Emilee Eagar
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Part police cruiser, part taxi,...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 39
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10