SALT LAKE CITY — A man was killed Monday after the SUV he was driving crossed into oncoming traffic and hit a tow truck head-on.
About 6:30 p.m., the black SUV was traveling north at 657 S. Redwood Road when it crossed the center line, Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said.
The driver of the SUV died on the scene. His name was not immediately released. Neither of the people in the tow truck were injured, Merino said.
Witnesses said the SUV crossed the lanes slowly, he said.
"It appeared that maybe the driver had some kind of condition that contributed to that," Merino said.
The driver of the SUV was not speeding, he said, and neither drugs nor alcohol are suspected of playing a role in the accident.
— Emilee Eagar
- Graphic video shows 7 shots fired without...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases on...
- Utah cyclist dies Sunday at the age of 23
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 103
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 75
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 67
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 44
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 41
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 37
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24