SALT LAKE CITY — A man was killed Monday after the SUV he was driving crossed into oncoming traffic and hit a tow truck head-on.
About 6:30 p.m., the black SUV was traveling north at 657 S. Redwood Road when it crossed the center line, Salt Lake City Police Lt. Carl Merino said.
The driver of the SUV died on the scene. His name was not immediately released. Neither of the people in the tow truck were injured, Merino said.
Witnesses said the SUV crossed the lanes slowly, he said.
"It appeared that maybe the driver had some kind of condition that contributed to that," Merino said.
The driver of the SUV was not speeding, he said, and neither drugs nor alcohol are suspected of playing a role in the accident.
— Emilee Eagar
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Testimony focuses on relationship between...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- 2 deadly Utah County shootings spark... 18
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 16
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 13
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake... 10