Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Nonprofits Association and Utah Society of Fund Raisers will recognize some of Utah’s outstanding philanthropists and volunteer leaders at the 15th annual Utah Philanthropy Day on Nov. 14.
The event will feature a gala luncheon honoring those nominated by nonprofit organizations around the state from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the ballroom of the Little America Hotel, 500 S. Main. The luncheon is limited to 800 attendees.
The Philanthropic Leadership Award will be presented to the Right Rev. Carolyn Tanner Irish, former bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Utah. The R. Harold Burton Foundation will be honored with the Foundation Spirit of Giving Award. Regence BlueCross BlueShield of Utah will receive the Corporate Spirit of Giving Award.
The Outstanding Nonprofit Executive Award will be awarded to Deborah S. Bayle of United Way of Salt Lake. Hailey Daniels, nominated by the Arthritis Foundation, will receive the Outstanding Young Volunteer Award. And the Norma Matheson Outstanding Volunteer Award will be presented to Debbie Nielson of the Girl Scouts of Utah.
More than 75 volunteers will be honored with a Heart and Hands award for their service to the community. Heart and Hands recipients are nominated by nonprofit organizations to express gratitude for service.
The Utah Nonprofits Association and Utah Society of Fund Raisers welcome those who are interested in becoming a sponsor or attending the event to visit the Utah Philanthropy Day website at www.utahphilanthropyday.org. The public can attend the event by purchasing a table or individual tickets.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 45
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 17
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7