Ex-school lunch manager sent to prison for sex with teen
WEST JORDAN — A former Eastmont Middle School lunch manager who pleaded guilty to sexually abusing a teenage boy has been ordered to prison.
Jamie Lynn Greenwood, 44, was sentenced to one to 15 years in prison for two counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony, and zero to five years in prison for two counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor, a third-degree felony, Friday. Third District Judge Charlene Barlow ordered the prison terms to run concurrently and that Greenwood undergo counseling while in prison.
Restitution, in an amount to be determined, was also ordered.
Greenwood pleaded guilty to carrying on a sexual relationship with a then-15-year-old boy who was a friend of her teenage son. Police said the relationship lasted almost a year and that Greenwood's position at the middle school "did not aid in the relationship."
The woman had contended that the relationship was consensual and that the teenager "threatened and intimidated" her into taking part in the sexual activity, according to a Utah Supreme Court ruling in the case. The state countered, though, that Greenwood exchanged cash and gifts for the sex acts and threatened to call the boy's mother if he didn't comply with her requests.
Greenwood was charged in 2010, but the case stalled while the state challenged the woman's request to have her trial heard by a judge instead of a jury. The Utah Supreme Court sided with the state, finding that Greenwood couldn't have a bench trial unless agreed to by prosecutors.
Greenwood ultimately pleaded guilty to the charges against her in July.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- Tired teen plowed into new car lot, Vernal...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay...
- Utah’s Great Gallery rock art younger...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 48
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 29
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 21