SARATOGA SPRINGS — One person remained in critical condition Monday morning after the Jeep he was in rolled multiple times in Israel Canyon Sunday, a crash that also injured three others.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said two men and two women were driving down the canyon in a topless Jeep Wrangler near Saratoga Springs on narrow switchbacks about 5:30 p.m. when driver, Dawn Lynn Grochowski, 52, of Saratoga Springs, lost control of the Jeep. The car went off the road and rolled several times down a rocky slope, stopping upside down about 50 feet below, he Cannon said.
Trevor Nielson, 36, of Saratoga Springs, had serious head injuries and was taken by helicopter to University Hospital, Cannon said.
"We are investigating alcohol," he said. "There was evidence at the scene that alcohol may be involved."
Grochowski was arrested and booked in Utah County Jail on suspicion of a DUI-Injury Accident, a Class A misdemeanor. Cannon said he would not characterize the road as dangerous but that motorists should use caution when driving in Israel Canyon.
"If you're not careful, then these kinds of things can happen," he said.
— Emilee Eagar
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Hillcrest students, others show support for...
- Harley rider killed in accident identified
- New details in court reveal alleged shooter...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on dietary...
- Despite rain, Utahns still have plenty of...
- Report: Millennials in Utah mirror dropping...
- Mia Love pushing higher education act
- How do Utah wages stack up nationally? 50
- Koch brothers group launches Utah chapter 42
- First prison relocation open house... 38
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Legalize medical marijuana? Utahns... 28
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 28
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- Utah's air pollution problem: What does... 17