SARATOGA SPRINGS — One person remained in critical condition Monday morning after the Jeep he was in rolled multiple times in Israel Canyon Sunday, a crash that also injured three others.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said two men and two women were driving down the canyon in a topless Jeep Wrangler near Saratoga Springs on narrow switchbacks about 5:30 p.m. when driver, Dawn Lynn Grochowski, 52, of Saratoga Springs, lost control of the Jeep. The car went off the road and rolled several times down a rocky slope, stopping upside down about 50 feet below, he Cannon said.
Trevor Nielson, 36, of Saratoga Springs, had serious head injuries and was taken by helicopter to University Hospital, Cannon said.
"We are investigating alcohol," he said. "There was evidence at the scene that alcohol may be involved."
Grochowski was arrested and booked in Utah County Jail on suspicion of a DUI-Injury Accident, a Class A misdemeanor. Cannon said he would not characterize the road as dangerous but that motorists should use caution when driving in Israel Canyon.
"If you're not careful, then these kinds of things can happen," he said.
— Emilee Eagar
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7