SARATOGA SPRINGS — One person remained in critical condition Monday morning after the Jeep he was in rolled multiple times in Israel Canyon Sunday, a crash that also injured three others.
Utah County Sheriff's Sgt. Spencer Cannon said two men and two women were driving down the canyon in a topless Jeep Wrangler near Saratoga Springs on narrow switchbacks about 5:30 p.m. when driver, Dawn Lynn Grochowski, 52, of Saratoga Springs, lost control of the Jeep. The car went off the road and rolled several times down a rocky slope, stopping upside down about 50 feet below, he Cannon said.
Trevor Nielson, 36, of Saratoga Springs, had serious head injuries and was taken by helicopter to University Hospital, Cannon said.
"We are investigating alcohol," he said. "There was evidence at the scene that alcohol may be involved."
Grochowski was arrested and booked in Utah County Jail on suspicion of a DUI-Injury Accident, a Class A misdemeanor. Cannon said he would not characterize the road as dangerous but that motorists should use caution when driving in Israel Canyon.
"If you're not careful, then these kinds of things can happen," he said.
— Emilee Eagar
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 79
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 33
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26