5 arrested in St. George prostitution sting, including 17-year-old girl
ST. GEORGE — A 17-year-old girl and four adults, including two from St. George, were arrested in a prostitution sting Friday that involved the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The federal agency was involved because the case involved a juvenile being transported across state lines for the purpose of exchanging sex acts for money, according to St. George police.
The 17-year-old girl is being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating business and professional licensing requirements in connection with allegations adult men are patronizing prostitutes in the area, police said.
Bart Higbee, 21, of St. George, was arrested on a warrant for patronizing a prostitute in relation to the investigation; and Symon Capel, 24, was arrested for investigation of sexual solicitation and violating business license requirements.
Leroy Haley, 23, and Francis Uhrhan, 20, of Las Vegas, both were booked into jail on $100,000 cash-only bonds for investigation of aggravated exploitation of prostitution, police said. Uhrhan is also being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating professional and business licence requirements.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- Security, authorities detain woman...
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- River rafters discover wreckage of aircraft...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Sandy man gets prison time in $1.5 million...
- New Salt Lake fire chief caught in political...
- 'I just can't say 'I'm sorry' enough': Woman...
- Police say man persuaded Provo High boys to...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 37
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 21
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 17
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 16
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 14
- PacSun pulls T-shirt from shelves after... 13
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 12