5 arrested in St. George prostitution sting, including 17-year-old girl
ST. GEORGE — A 17-year-old girl and four adults, including two from St. George, were arrested in a prostitution sting Friday that involved the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The federal agency was involved because the case involved a juvenile being transported across state lines for the purpose of exchanging sex acts for money, according to St. George police.
The 17-year-old girl is being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating business and professional licensing requirements in connection with allegations adult men are patronizing prostitutes in the area, police said.
Bart Higbee, 21, of St. George, was arrested on a warrant for patronizing a prostitute in relation to the investigation; and Symon Capel, 24, was arrested for investigation of sexual solicitation and violating business license requirements.
Leroy Haley, 23, and Francis Uhrhan, 20, of Las Vegas, both were booked into jail on $100,000 cash-only bonds for investigation of aggravated exploitation of prostitution, police said. Uhrhan is also being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating professional and business licence requirements.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Cyclist killed on training run after...
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- American Fork cyclist killed during training...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- President Obama to make first trip to... 65
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 56
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 39
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 39
- Tea party movement still strong,... 23
- Cyclist killed on training run after... 19
- A river runs dry: Water and the future... 14
- Court battle settled over Susan Powell... 11