5 arrested in St. George prostitution sting, including 17-year-old girl
ST. GEORGE — A 17-year-old girl and four adults, including two from St. George, were arrested in a prostitution sting Friday that involved the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The federal agency was involved because the case involved a juvenile being transported across state lines for the purpose of exchanging sex acts for money, according to St. George police.
The 17-year-old girl is being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating business and professional licensing requirements in connection with allegations adult men are patronizing prostitutes in the area, police said.
Bart Higbee, 21, of St. George, was arrested on a warrant for patronizing a prostitute in relation to the investigation; and Symon Capel, 24, was arrested for investigation of sexual solicitation and violating business license requirements.
Leroy Haley, 23, and Francis Uhrhan, 20, of Las Vegas, both were booked into jail on $100,000 cash-only bonds for investigation of aggravated exploitation of prostitution, police said. Uhrhan is also being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating professional and business licence requirements.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Police: Man confronts driver's ed student,...
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8