5 arrested in St. George prostitution sting, including 17-year-old girl
ST. GEORGE — A 17-year-old girl and four adults, including two from St. George, were arrested in a prostitution sting Friday that involved the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The federal agency was involved because the case involved a juvenile being transported across state lines for the purpose of exchanging sex acts for money, according to St. George police.
The 17-year-old girl is being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating business and professional licensing requirements in connection with allegations adult men are patronizing prostitutes in the area, police said.
Bart Higbee, 21, of St. George, was arrested on a warrant for patronizing a prostitute in relation to the investigation; and Symon Capel, 24, was arrested for investigation of sexual solicitation and violating business license requirements.
Leroy Haley, 23, and Francis Uhrhan, 20, of Las Vegas, both were booked into jail on $100,000 cash-only bonds for investigation of aggravated exploitation of prostitution, police said. Uhrhan is also being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating professional and business licence requirements.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15