5 arrested in St. George prostitution sting, including 17-year-old girl
ST. GEORGE — A 17-year-old girl and four adults, including two from St. George, were arrested in a prostitution sting Friday that involved the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
The federal agency was involved because the case involved a juvenile being transported across state lines for the purpose of exchanging sex acts for money, according to St. George police.
The 17-year-old girl is being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating business and professional licensing requirements in connection with allegations adult men are patronizing prostitutes in the area, police said.
Bart Higbee, 21, of St. George, was arrested on a warrant for patronizing a prostitute in relation to the investigation; and Symon Capel, 24, was arrested for investigation of sexual solicitation and violating business license requirements.
Leroy Haley, 23, and Francis Uhrhan, 20, of Las Vegas, both were booked into jail on $100,000 cash-only bonds for investigation of aggravated exploitation of prostitution, police said. Uhrhan is also being investigated for sexual solicitation and violating professional and business licence requirements.
— Lisa Riley Roche
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Stolen Dodge Charger no match for Hurricane...
- Teen girl killed in Millard County crash
- Recreation, crowds and challenges: What's...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Salt Lake County cities, school districts...
- What went right: How one Orem family turned...
- IRS commits to not target tax-exempt... 48
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay... 37
- Prison inmates start hunger strike,... 34
- Salt Lake County cities, school... 16
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after... 12
- Salt Lake police looking for horses,... 10
- Survey: Utah residents want crops, not... 10
- National report shows high overall... 9