Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WILLARD BAY STATE PARK — Teams of state, local and federal officers resumed the search Saturday morning for 32-year-old Brigham Bradley who disappeared during a personal watercraft outing Friday afternoon.
Bradley, a corrections officer for the Weber County Sheriff's Office, was off duty riding with friends. About 2 p.m., the watercraft Bradley was riding broke down, and his friends left him on the watercraft while they arranged a tow.
When they returned to the location, the friends saw the watercraft but no sign of Bradley. He was not wearing a life jacket, park rangers said. Crews searched for the man until dark Friday.
The recovery operation resumed at 7 a.m. Saturday, led by Utah State Parks officers and assisted by the Utah Highway Patrol, search and rescue teams from Box Elder County, Weber County and Utah County, as well as the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary.
Utah State Parks spokesman Eugene Swalberg said search and rescue teams from the UHP and Utah County, which joined the operation Saturday, have "more detailed sonar capabilities which could aid greatly in the search efforts."
Search teams started their work from Bradley's last known location and are employing a search pattern to conduct "a more methodical search for the victim," Swalberg said Saturday morning.
On Friday, searchers scoured the shoreline and the surface of the bay attempting to locate Bradley, Swalberg said.
According to the Willard Bay State Park website, recreational boating in the bay’s South Marina remained closed Saturday as the search continues.
Contributing: Nkoyo Iyamba
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Doug Robinson: How this woman's focus on...
- 4 arrested in connection with fatal Cedar...
- Midvale killing may be case of self-defense,...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Man shot in crowded Liberty Park during...
- See all the photos from the big Pioneer Day...
- Salt Lake man shoots 8-year-old boy, then...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 84
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17