Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WILLARD BAY STATE PARK — Teams of state, local and federal officers resumed the search Saturday morning for 32-year-old Brigham Bradley who disappeared during a personal watercraft outing Friday afternoon.
Bradley, a corrections officer for the Weber County Sheriff's Office, was off duty riding with friends. About 2 p.m., the watercraft Bradley was riding broke down, and his friends left him on the watercraft while they arranged a tow.
When they returned to the location, the friends saw the watercraft but no sign of Bradley. He was not wearing a life jacket, park rangers said. Crews searched for the man until dark Friday.
The recovery operation resumed at 7 a.m. Saturday, led by Utah State Parks officers and assisted by the Utah Highway Patrol, search and rescue teams from Box Elder County, Weber County and Utah County, as well as the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary.
Utah State Parks spokesman Eugene Swalberg said search and rescue teams from the UHP and Utah County, which joined the operation Saturday, have "more detailed sonar capabilities which could aid greatly in the search efforts."
Search teams started their work from Bradley's last known location and are employing a search pattern to conduct "a more methodical search for the victim," Swalberg said Saturday morning.
On Friday, searchers scoured the shoreline and the surface of the bay attempting to locate Bradley, Swalberg said.
According to the Willard Bay State Park website, recreational boating in the bay’s South Marina remained closed Saturday as the search continues.
Contributing: Nkoyo Iyamba
- Worth 1,000 words: Here's a look at the top...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Photos: Thrill seekers take on stunt-filled 5K
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- S.L. City Council, mayor seek... 29
- Prosecutors file new charge against... 20
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 19
- Utah lawmakers begin task to... 15
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 14
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 13