SALT LAKE CITY — A woman who prosecutors say left her 1- and 3-year-old children alone in a motel while she attended a concert has been charged.
Lizette Salgado, 23, of Hanford, Calif., was charged Thursday in 3rd District Court with two counts of abuse or neglect of a disabled child, both third-degree felonies.
On Aug. 2, Salgaldo was in Salt Lake City to attend a concert. According to charging documents, she left her two children in the motel room, 176 W. 600 South, while she went to the show.
Later, a motel security guard found the two children wandering in the parking lot and crying for their mother, charges state. Police were called and an officer was able to track down Salgado on her cellphone, the charges state. He told her to return to the motel immediately.
An initial court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday.
— Pat Reavy
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- Hiker pulled from Bell Canyon after fall
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 38
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 14
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 12
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- Who should pay? City, developer,... 10