SALT LAKE CITY — A woman who prosecutors say left her 1- and 3-year-old children alone in a motel while she attended a concert has been charged.
Lizette Salgado, 23, of Hanford, Calif., was charged Thursday in 3rd District Court with two counts of abuse or neglect of a disabled child, both third-degree felonies.
On Aug. 2, Salgaldo was in Salt Lake City to attend a concert. According to charging documents, she left her two children in the motel room, 176 W. 600 South, while she went to the show.
Later, a motel security guard found the two children wandering in the parking lot and crying for their mother, charges state. Police were called and an officer was able to track down Salgado on her cellphone, the charges state. He told her to return to the motel immediately.
An initial court appearance is scheduled for Wednesday.
— Pat Reavy
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UDOT to begin adding lanes to I-15 in...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 46
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 43
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 15
- Sanders to address Utah delegation to... 15
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 13
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9