The last Latter-day Saint guy that I asked out gave me the response, "No, sorry, I don't date girls in my ward boundaries, in case things get messy." Do you, and others, think this is a real concern? Or did he just not like me and this was his way of blowing me off?
Lookin' for Love
Dear Lookin' for Love,
It's a good idea to take what he said at face value — meaning: if he says he doesn't want to date within the ward boundaries, believe him. There's no reason for you to internalize his response and assume it means anything negative about you.
I think it's fine to date within your ward, there are a lot of opportunities to meet great men. But, that's just my personal opinion, and not everyone feels that way.
With that said, what is ultimately significant is that for whatever reason, he said no.
Whether it's the ward boundaries, his work schedule, or the fact that his favorite TV show is on tonight, he's declined your invitation — no matter, still plenty of fish in the sea.
Readers: Have you had good or bad experiences dating other people in your ward of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints? What advice would you give Lookin' for Love?
Angela Trusty is a young adult advice columnist. Twitter: angelatrusty
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning home...
- Mentor to Brandon Mull, James Dashner chose...
- LDS Family Services providing free online...
- Jewish woman launches modest online...
- Elder Holland discusses religious freedom,...
- 'My mission in 5 minutes': Sister missionary...
- Book recounts LDS Church history using Legos
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to unite to...
- Elder Holland calls on Christians to... 106
- Why I make my kids go to church 55
- Jewish woman launches modest online... 18
- Netanyahu speech deepens rift between... 15
- Dog reacts to LDS missionary returning... 13
- K2 The Church's grand opening a... 12
- Doug Robinson: A Boy Scout for 75 years... 7
- Elder Holland discusses religious... 6