Ravell Call, Deseret News
The five football senses are hours away from being activated. The smell of the cheeseburgers flipping. The image of the swarms of school colors piling into the campus. The feeling of the electricity and anticipation reverberating throughout the stadium. The sound of the cheerleaders and loudspeakers, and the taste of a sweating beverage fresh from the cooler.
Now is the time to check your blood pressure. High school football is here.
The 121st rendition gets underway Friday night, and with a record-high 103 teams participating this season, there’s certainly a lot of information to know.
Down. Set. Hut!
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 36
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 31
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25