Ravell Call, Deseret News
The five football senses are hours away from being activated. The smell of the cheeseburgers flipping. The image of the swarms of school colors piling into the campus. The feeling of the electricity and anticipation reverberating throughout the stadium. The sound of the cheerleaders and loudspeakers, and the taste of a sweating beverage fresh from the cooler.
Now is the time to check your blood pressure. High school football is here.
The 121st rendition gets underway Friday night, and with a record-high 103 teams participating this season, there’s certainly a lot of information to know.
Down. Set. Hut!
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48