“It’s a little harder to evaluate up there, hard from a recruiting standpoint,” Wells says. “The kids come in raw, a little less developed.”
In this case, the Aggies grew along with Williams. USU went 4-8 the first season he was in Logan, followed by 7-6 and 11-2. He was drafted in May by the CFL's Ottawa Red Blacks, the 18th pick overall. But going pro was never a consideration.
“I made a commitment when I came here to play all my years of eligibility,” he says. “I look forward to leaving it in a better spot than when I came.”
But a warmer spot?
Makes no difference to him.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27