SALT LAKE CITY — Utah writer Shannon Hale will be on hand to take questions from the audience at two special screenings of her film "Austenland" this weekend at the Broadway Centre Cinemas.
The film, co-written by Hale and Utah director Jerusha Hess and based on Hale's 2007 novel of the same name, debuted at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and follows Jane Hayes (Keri Russell), a passionate fan of Jane Austen who travels to England for an immersive Regency-era experience.
Hale will participate in two post-screening Q&As at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. She will also give brief remarks and an introduction to the 9:10 screenings on those days. More information can be found at the Salt Lake Film Society website and tickets can be purchased in advance here – an SLFS official said the Friday 7 p.m. screening has already sold out.
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Inmate charged with sending threatening...
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz says he wouldn't run...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 68
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 41
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 29
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 20
- Judge dismisses negligence lawsuit... 15
- Lawmakers hear support for Medicaid... 15