SALT LAKE CITY — Utah writer Shannon Hale will be on hand to take questions from the audience at two special screenings of her film "Austenland" this weekend at the Broadway Centre Cinemas.
The film, co-written by Hale and Utah director Jerusha Hess and based on Hale's 2007 novel of the same name, debuted at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and follows Jane Hayes (Keri Russell), a passionate fan of Jane Austen who travels to England for an immersive Regency-era experience.
Hale will participate in two post-screening Q&As at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. She will also give brief remarks and an introduction to the 9:10 screenings on those days. More information can be found at the Salt Lake Film Society website and tickets can be purchased in advance here – an SLFS official said the Friday 7 p.m. screening has already sold out.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 81
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 35
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 35
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18