SALT LAKE CITY — Utah writer Shannon Hale will be on hand to take questions from the audience at two special screenings of her film "Austenland" this weekend at the Broadway Centre Cinemas.
The film, co-written by Hale and Utah director Jerusha Hess and based on Hale's 2007 novel of the same name, debuted at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and follows Jane Hayes (Keri Russell), a passionate fan of Jane Austen who travels to England for an immersive Regency-era experience.
Hale will participate in two post-screening Q&As at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. She will also give brief remarks and an introduction to the 9:10 screenings on those days. More information can be found at the Salt Lake Film Society website and tickets can be purchased in advance here – an SLFS official said the Friday 7 p.m. screening has already sold out.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9