SALT LAKE CITY — Utah writer Shannon Hale will be on hand to take questions from the audience at two special screenings of her film "Austenland" this weekend at the Broadway Centre Cinemas.
The film, co-written by Hale and Utah director Jerusha Hess and based on Hale's 2007 novel of the same name, debuted at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and follows Jane Hayes (Keri Russell), a passionate fan of Jane Austen who travels to England for an immersive Regency-era experience.
Hale will participate in two post-screening Q&As at 7 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. She will also give brief remarks and an introduction to the 9:10 screenings on those days. More information can be found at the Salt Lake Film Society website and tickets can be purchased in advance here – an SLFS official said the Friday 7 p.m. screening has already sold out.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 163
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 18
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 17
- The ghosts under our feet: 88... 10
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence... 10