CLEARFIELD — A 13-year-old boy was in extremely critical condition Wednesday night after falling off his skateboard and being run over by a car.
The accident happened about 7 p.m. on 1000 East near 1100 South, Clearfield police Sgt. Kyle Jeffries said.
The boy apparently had fallen off his skateboard on 1000 East and then was hit by an elderly driver who said she didn't see him, Jeffries said.
"It looks like maybe that he had come out into the road and fell into the road, and she didn't have time to react or even see him," he said.
The boy was pinned under the car for several minutes, Jeffries said.
"We don't carry extrication stuff in our vehicles," he said. "So we just yelled to (neighbors) around to grab anything they could to shore up the car while we jacked it up. Once we had it in the air, we just used all the bricks and other materials, wood, to shore up the car so that it wouldn't fall back down on him."
Jeffries said police kept talking to the boy until paramedics arrived. The boy was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center.
"It just looks like a terrible accident," he said.
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more in wake...
- Boy, 3, killed in Lehi scooter accident
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls his...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after...
- BYU student claims he was evicted after... 47
- Sen. Harry Reid's retirement recalls... 36
- Utah taxpayers will pay millions more... 32
- Meetings to resolve Medicaid expansion... 29
- Critics worry firing squad law will... 28
- Tea party movement still strong,... 22
- Salt Lake City to become next Google... 17
- Firing squad's return in Utah may... 14