CLEARFIELD — A 13-year-old boy was in extremely critical condition Wednesday night after falling off his skateboard and being run over by a car.
The accident happened about 7 p.m. on 1000 East near 1100 South, Clearfield police Sgt. Kyle Jeffries said.
The boy apparently had fallen off his skateboard on 1000 East and then was hit by an elderly driver who said she didn't see him, Jeffries said.
"It looks like maybe that he had come out into the road and fell into the road, and she didn't have time to react or even see him," he said.
The boy was pinned under the car for several minutes, Jeffries said.
"We don't carry extrication stuff in our vehicles," he said. "So we just yelled to (neighbors) around to grab anything they could to shore up the car while we jacked it up. Once we had it in the air, we just used all the bricks and other materials, wood, to shore up the car so that it wouldn't fall back down on him."
Jeffries said police kept talking to the boy until paramedics arrived. The boy was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center.
"It just looks like a terrible accident," he said.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11