CLEARFIELD — A 13-year-old boy was in extremely critical condition Wednesday night after falling off his skateboard and being run over by a car.
The accident happened about 7 p.m. on 1000 East near 1100 South, Clearfield police Sgt. Kyle Jeffries said.
The boy apparently had fallen off his skateboard on 1000 East and then was hit by an elderly driver who said she didn't see him, Jeffries said.
"It looks like maybe that he had come out into the road and fell into the road, and she didn't have time to react or even see him," he said.
The boy was pinned under the car for several minutes, Jeffries said.
"We don't carry extrication stuff in our vehicles," he said. "So we just yelled to (neighbors) around to grab anything they could to shore up the car while we jacked it up. Once we had it in the air, we just used all the bricks and other materials, wood, to shore up the car so that it wouldn't fall back down on him."
Jeffries said police kept talking to the boy until paramedics arrived. The boy was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center.
"It just looks like a terrible accident," he said.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- Third person arrested in Carbon County...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- Preliminary hearing set for Utah mom accused...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Federal government extends same-sex... 30
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 14