CLEARFIELD — A 13-year-old boy was in extremely critical condition Wednesday night after falling off his skateboard and being run over by a car.
The accident happened about 7 p.m. on 1000 East near 1100 South, Clearfield police Sgt. Kyle Jeffries said.
The boy apparently had fallen off his skateboard on 1000 East and then was hit by an elderly driver who said she didn't see him, Jeffries said.
"It looks like maybe that he had come out into the road and fell into the road, and she didn't have time to react or even see him," he said.
The boy was pinned under the car for several minutes, Jeffries said.
"We don't carry extrication stuff in our vehicles," he said. "So we just yelled to (neighbors) around to grab anything they could to shore up the car while we jacked it up. Once we had it in the air, we just used all the bricks and other materials, wood, to shore up the car so that it wouldn't fall back down on him."
Jeffries said police kept talking to the boy until paramedics arrived. The boy was flown by medical helicopter to Primary Children's Medical Center.
"It just looks like a terrible accident," he said.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21