PROVO — A 70-year-old woman was killed Wednesday in a house fire at 1362 S. 1100 West.
Provo Fire Capt. Dean York said a neighbor called 911 about 4:30 p.m. after hearing "what he thought was a popping or a breaking sound of a window." The neighbor then saw smoke pouring out of the home.
About 20 firefighters responded to the fire, which was burning in the upstairs of the split-level home.
"While putting the fire out, a single fatality was discovered in the upstairs of the home," York said.
Fire officials did not identify the woman, saying family had not yet been notified.
Investigators were on the scene Wednesday evening attempting to determine the cause of the fire.
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while lunging...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Deputies fish out 4 cars from Pineview Reservoir
- Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia sufferers...
- 'They killed my son because he's black,'...
- 2 girls abducted in Bountiful escape in...
- Utah State Prison inmate dies following fight
- 'People don't talk about it,' recovering...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 76
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Utah makes final plea for Supreme Court... 53
- Taylorsville teacher injured after her... 47
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 41
- Do guns belong in the hands of... 39
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for... 24
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16