BYU football: Cougars announce home-and-home series with San Jose State
PROVO — Brigham Young University and San Jose State University today announced a home-and-home football series for the 2015 and 2017 seasons.
The teams will meet at Spartan Stadium in San Jose, Calif., on Nov. 7, 2015, with the second game being played at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Oct. 28, 2017.
“We have a large number of Cougar football fans in that part of California,” BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe said. “I like the matchup. It’s a good regional series for our football program.”
BYU and San Jose State have previously met 16 times in football, including five previous home-and-home series. The first meeting was in 1946 and the most recent in 2012. The Spartans hold a 10-6 series record over the Cougars.
Kickoff times and broadcast plans for the series will be announced at a later date.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Utes capped comeback season with lopsided Las...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 62
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 36
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26