BYU football: Cougars announce home-and-home series with San Jose State
PROVO — Brigham Young University and San Jose State University today announced a home-and-home football series for the 2015 and 2017 seasons.
The teams will meet at Spartan Stadium in San Jose, Calif., on Nov. 7, 2015, with the second game being played at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Oct. 28, 2017.
“We have a large number of Cougar football fans in that part of California,” BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe said. “I like the matchup. It’s a good regional series for our football program.”
BYU and San Jose State have previously met 16 times in football, including five previous home-and-home series. The first meeting was in 1946 and the most recent in 2012. The Spartans hold a 10-6 series record over the Cougars.
Kickoff times and broadcast plans for the series will be announced at a later date.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 63
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 21