BYU football: Cougars announce home-and-home series with San Jose State
PROVO — Brigham Young University and San Jose State University today announced a home-and-home football series for the 2015 and 2017 seasons.
The teams will meet at Spartan Stadium in San Jose, Calif., on Nov. 7, 2015, with the second game being played at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Oct. 28, 2017.
“We have a large number of Cougar football fans in that part of California,” BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe said. “I like the matchup. It’s a good regional series for our football program.”
BYU and San Jose State have previously met 16 times in football, including five previous home-and-home series. The first meeting was in 1946 and the most recent in 2012. The Spartans hold a 10-6 series record over the Cougars.
Kickoff times and broadcast plans for the series will be announced at a later date.
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Morning links: BYU, Virginia fans share...
- Red-hot Utah Jazz enter the danger zone
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rock On: Jabari's guide to Utah
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 28
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22