BYU football: Cougars announce home-and-home series with San Jose State
PROVO — Brigham Young University and San Jose State University today announced a home-and-home football series for the 2015 and 2017 seasons.
The teams will meet at Spartan Stadium in San Jose, Calif., on Nov. 7, 2015, with the second game being played at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Oct. 28, 2017.
“We have a large number of Cougar football fans in that part of California,” BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe said. “I like the matchup. It’s a good regional series for our football program.”
BYU and San Jose State have previously met 16 times in football, including five previous home-and-home series. The first meeting was in 1946 and the most recent in 2012. The Spartans hold a 10-6 series record over the Cougars.
Kickoff times and broadcast plans for the series will be announced at a later date.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7