BYU football: Cougars announce home-and-home series with San Jose State
PROVO — Brigham Young University and San Jose State University today announced a home-and-home football series for the 2015 and 2017 seasons.
The teams will meet at Spartan Stadium in San Jose, Calif., on Nov. 7, 2015, with the second game being played at LaVell Edwards Stadium on Oct. 28, 2017.
“We have a large number of Cougar football fans in that part of California,” BYU director of athletics Tom Holmoe said. “I like the matchup. It’s a good regional series for our football program.”
BYU and San Jose State have previously met 16 times in football, including five previous home-and-home series. The first meeting was in 1946 and the most recent in 2012. The Spartans hold a 10-6 series record over the Cougars.
Kickoff times and broadcast plans for the series will be announced at a later date.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33