Police looking for man accused of robbing three banks this month
West Valley City Police Dept
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are looking for a man they believe is behind a string of recent bank robberies in Salt Lake County.
The suspected robber is described as a white man in his mid-20s, about 5 feet 10 inches, with a thin to average build, according to West Valley City police.
Police said the man passed a note demanding money to a teller at University Credit Union, 2752 S. Redwood Road, about 5:35 p.m. Tuesday. The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of cash before the man fled on foot.
The man did not display a weapon or make any mention of one. At the time of the robbery, he was wearing blue jeans, a long-sleeved, gray button-up shirt, a gray baseball cap and dark sunglasses. Police said he appears tan in surveillance photos.
The man who robbed the credit union Tuesday matches the description of a man who robbed a U.S. Bank, 4135 S. Redwood Road, Taylorsville, on Aug. 9 and a Zions Bank, 3712 W. 3500 South, West Valley City, on Aug. 12.
West Valley City police, Unified police and the FBI are working to identify the serial bank robber.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call the West Valley City Police Department at 801-840-4000, Unified Police Department at 801-743-5950 or the FBI at 801-579-1400.
- What Utah voters need to know for the 2016...
- UTA offers late TRAX, S-Line service for Utah...
- Dam project forces closure of Tibble Fork area
- Two arrested for allegedly siccing pit bull...
- Changes to TRAX gates being made at 2 U....
- USU professors receive $5.8M in Nuclear...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Fire forces evacuation of 185 Pine Valley homes
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 28
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 19