West Valley City Police Dept
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are looking for a man they believe is behind a string of recent bank robberies in Salt Lake County.
The suspected robber is described as a white man in his mid-20s, about 5 feet 10 inches, with a thin to average build, according to West Valley City police.
Police said the man passed a note demanding money to a teller at University Credit Union, 2752 S. Redwood Road, about 5:35 p.m. Tuesday. The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of cash before the man fled on foot.
The man did not display a weapon or make any mention of one. At the time of the robbery, he was wearing blue jeans, a long-sleeved, gray button-up shirt, a gray baseball cap and dark sunglasses. Police said he appears tan in surveillance photos.
The man who robbed the credit union Tuesday matches the description of a man who robbed a U.S. Bank, 4135 S. Redwood Road, Taylorsville, on Aug. 9 and a Zions Bank, 3712 W. 3500 South, West Valley City, on Aug. 12.
West Valley City police, Unified police and the FBI are working to identify the serial bank robber.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call the West Valley City Police Department at 801-840-4000, Unified Police Department at 801-743-5950 or the FBI at 801-579-1400.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22