Police looking for man accused of robbing three banks this month
West Valley City Police Dept
WEST VALLEY CITY — Police are looking for a man they believe is behind a string of recent bank robberies in Salt Lake County.
The suspected robber is described as a white man in his mid-20s, about 5 feet 10 inches, with a thin to average build, according to West Valley City police.
Police said the man passed a note demanding money to a teller at University Credit Union, 2752 S. Redwood Road, about 5:35 p.m. Tuesday. The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of cash before the man fled on foot.
The man did not display a weapon or make any mention of one. At the time of the robbery, he was wearing blue jeans, a long-sleeved, gray button-up shirt, a gray baseball cap and dark sunglasses. Police said he appears tan in surveillance photos.
The man who robbed the credit union Tuesday matches the description of a man who robbed a U.S. Bank, 4135 S. Redwood Road, Taylorsville, on Aug. 9 and a Zions Bank, 3712 W. 3500 South, West Valley City, on Aug. 12.
West Valley City police, Unified police and the FBI are working to identify the serial bank robber.
Anyone with information about the robberies is asked to call the West Valley City Police Department at 801-840-4000, Unified Police Department at 801-743-5950 or the FBI at 801-579-1400.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12