4. When men and women go to the temple, they are both endowed with the same power, which is by definition priesthood power. Access to the power and blessings of the priesthood is available to all of God’s children, he said.
Blessings of the priesthood are not limited to men alone, they are available to all who have entered the waters of baptism and subsequently received their endowment in a temple. All who enter the House of the Lord officiate in the ordinances of the priesthood. This applies to men and women alike, he said.
5. The world needs women of the church who know the doctrine of Christ and who can bear testimony of the gospel truths.
All — women, men, young adults, youth, young boys and girls — have the Lord and his church to defend, protect and spread throughout the earth, Elder Ballard said. More distinctive, influential voices of faith from women are needed — for only women can show the world what women of God who have made covenants look like and believe.
“None of us can afford to stand by and watch the purposes of God be diminished and pushed aside,” he said. “I invite particularly you sisters here and throughout the church to seek the guidance of heaven in knowing what you can do to let your voice of faith and testimony be heard.”
Marianne Holman is a reporter for the LDS Church News in Salt Lake City. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- 10 accomplishments of the Relief Society
- Which bible do Americans read most?
- Returned Mormon missionary chasing big league...
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere illusion?
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere... 116
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in... 41
- 'Cosmos' return puts science and... 36
- British judge hears arguments in case... 34
- Wright Words: Disney's 'Frozen' and why... 31
- New BYU president: Kevin Worthen to... 28
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,... 27
- 'Noah' banned in three countries weeks... 23