Commentary: Ranking the top 15 Utah Utes running backs of the past 35 years
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Over the past 35 years the Utes have had a long line of solid running backs. There have been power backs and guys who could be used for a change of pace. There have been players who needed to shoulder the load as well as great backs who have had to split time because the stable was so deep and talented.
The rankings are based on what each running back did during his time on the hill and nowhere else.
Note: For these players, junior college and NFL stats have not been taken into account. Players' stats do include bowl games.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Video: Improbable final play lifts Maple...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball tournament...
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Kansas City Royals turn to former BYU pitcher...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 87
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 77
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense needs Bronco... 58
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 57
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- High school football: State tournament... 45
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 43
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42