Police looking for man involved in Salt Lake City stabbing
Derek Petersen, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Police are looking for a man involved in a stabbing Wednesday morning that sent another man to a hospital in serious condition.
Police are investigating the stabbing of a man in his early 20s, according to Salt Lake City police Lt. Tyrone Farillas. Investigators were searching the area near 1067 E. 1700 South.
Police received a report around 5 a.m. that a man had been stabbed several times. Police believe the man was stabbed in one location and then walked door to door looking for help until a neighbor found him and called police.
The man was taken to a local hospital in serious condition but showed improvement, police said.
Police were questioning four witnesses about the stabbing. Police say the suspect lost his shoes and other articles of clothing as he fled.
Roger Croft, a neighbor, said he was up just before 5 a.m. and had his house lights on, which he said he usually does not do. Croft said he heard a tap on his window and saw a woman looking in with blood on her shirt.
"She said, 'My friend has been stabbed. We need help,'" Croft said.
The woman requested a ride home. The neighbor said he walked across the street with the woman and found the man in the gutter under a car. They pulled him out and Croft said he noticed blood covering the man's back.
"I said, 'Don't you want an ambulance?' and she said, 'No, no. We just want to go home,'" Croft said.
He said he cleaned the man up and went to get his car. By the time Croft returned, the woman decided to have him call an ambulance.
"He was in bad shape," he said. "There were several stab wounds on his back and on his shoulders and so forth. He obviously had been dealt with poorly."
Croft said he was impressed with the composure of the man and his friend.
"I was admiring how well they were keeping it together, he being wounded and she under very stressful circumstances," he said.
Contributing: Shara Park
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- Sen. Orrin Hatch headed to Israel to meet...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Thousands attend second Utah Lantern Fest
- Smithfield man charged with murdering his father
- West Valley police investigating Sunday...
- Police investigating gunshots in Liberty Park
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 90
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Romney 'dismayed' by presidential... 47
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 35
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28