Twitter users poke fun at Utah stereotypes with the hashtag #UtahBands
Sometimes, social media can be a nuisance that you wish wasn't around.
And then there are nights like Tuesday that make it all worth it.
The hashtag #UtahBands was trending on Twitter on Tuesday night and Wednesday morning, and users all across the Internet used plays on words of famous music groups to poke fun at various cultural stereotypes of Utah, including the LDS church, young average age of marriage and sports teams.
Fleetwood Mr. Mac. #UtahBandNames— Dustin Tate (@dustintate) August 21, 2013
Taking Back Fast Sunday #UtahBands— Scott Duehlmeier (@Paco_Belle) August 21, 2013
Bone Thugs-N-Harmon's #UtahBands— Bemotional Abuse (@Bemopolis) August 21, 2013
Green jello day #UtahBands— Jeff Snider (@JeffSnider24) August 21, 2013
Of Monsters and Mormons #UtahBands— Jordan DeLaCruz (@jordandelacruz) August 21, 2013
Mumford and Sons of Mosiah #UtahBands— Sean O'Connell (@realOCsports) August 21, 2013
Panic! At the Rancheritos #UtahBands— Scott Garrard (@ScottyG1280) August 21, 2013
Peter, Paul and Will You Marry Me #Utahbands— Jay Drew (@drewjay) August 21, 2013
Blue Oyster We're Not a Cult #Utahbands— Jay Drew (@drewjay) August 21, 2013
Mendenhall and Oates #utahbands— Jason Franchuk (@HarkTheFranchuk) August 21, 2013
The Market Street Boys #UtahBands— stump (@MrGoes2Far) August 21, 2013
R.C. Willie Nelson #UtahBands— Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) August 21, 2013
More from my wife: Linkin Park City, Rascal Salt Flats, Timp McGraw. #UtahBands— Jody Genessy (@DJJazzyJody) August 21, 2013
Jane's Addiction to Diet Coke #UtahBands— Tommy Lowell (@tklowell) August 21, 2013
Jimmy Eat Casserole #UtahBands— Tommy Lowell (@tklowell) August 21, 2013
The Eagles Scout #UtahBands— Tommy Lowell (@tklowell) August 21, 2013
Brigham Young Jeezy #utahbands— Chris Todd (@MailmanChris) August 21, 2013
Moroni 5 #UtahBands— Frank (@UtahFrank) August 21, 2013
No modifications needed: A Flock of Seagulls, Modest Mouse, and The Hives. #UtahBands— Greg Wrubell (@gregwrubell) August 21, 2013
Marilyn S. Monson #UtahBands— Andrew Johnson (@AJutah) August 21, 2013
Righteous Boys Like Girls #UtahBands— Paul Sabin (@Ski_Sabin) August 21, 2013
Stone Temple Square Pilots #UtahBands— wakka wakka (@YoshiChucho) August 21, 2013
George Strait and Narrow Path #UtahBands— Cindi B. (@UtahMomsLife) August 21, 2013
Michael Smith is a writer in the news section of DeseretNews.com. A 2013 graduate of the University of Utah, he will be attending Northwestern's Medill School of Journalism in the fall.
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- House panel to discuss bill on ending tax on...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 29
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- House panel to discuss bill on ending... 9