Funeral planned for Larry H. Miller's son, Roger Miller
August Miller, Deseret News
SANDY — Funeral services have been scheduled for Roger Lawrence Miller, son of Gail and the late Larry H. Miller.
Roger Miller, who family members called a "gentle giant with a kind smile," died Sunday. He is survived by his wife and nine children.
A viewing will take place from 6-8 p.m. Friday at Larkin Mortuary, 10600 S. 1950 East.
Funeral services have been scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at the Sandy Utah Crescent Stake Center, 10945 S. 1700 East. A graveside service will follow at the Larkin Cemetery, 10600 S. 1700 East.
The viewing and services are open to Roger Miller's friends and colleagues.
The family made a special request of those wishing to offer their condolences: "In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Larry H. Miller Charities by contacting Jay Francis at email@example.com, or exercise your right daily to hug your children and express your love to them."
Roger Miller began working with the Larry H. Miller Group as young as 15, dedicating the majority of his career to systems development. He recently focused on the development of the National Auto Sport Association in the Utah Region.
He served faithfully in callings as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, family members said.
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Bountiful man charged with murder in death of...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 14
- Should scientists be allowed to change... 10