Funeral planned for Larry H. Miller's son, Roger Miller
August Miller, Deseret News
SANDY — Funeral services have been scheduled for Roger Lawrence Miller, son of Gail and the late Larry H. Miller.
Roger Miller, who family members called a "gentle giant with a kind smile," died Sunday. He is survived by his wife and nine children.
A viewing will take place from 6-8 p.m. Friday at Larkin Mortuary, 10600 S. 1950 East.
Funeral services have been scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at the Sandy Utah Crescent Stake Center, 10945 S. 1700 East. A graveside service will follow at the Larkin Cemetery, 10600 S. 1700 East.
The viewing and services are open to Roger Miller's friends and colleagues.
The family made a special request of those wishing to offer their condolences: "In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Larry H. Miller Charities by contacting Jay Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or exercise your right daily to hug your children and express your love to them."
Roger Miller began working with the Larry H. Miller Group as young as 15, dedicating the majority of his career to systems development. He recently focused on the development of the National Auto Sport Association in the Utah Region.
He served faithfully in callings as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, family members said.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Mitt Romney talks pioneers, family tradition...
- About Utah: Pedal power at the market
- Federal land managers criticized over... 25
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9