Funeral planned for Larry H. Miller's son, Roger Miller
August Miller, Deseret News
SANDY — Funeral services have been scheduled for Roger Lawrence Miller, son of Gail and the late Larry H. Miller.
Roger Miller, who family members called a "gentle giant with a kind smile," died Sunday. He is survived by his wife and nine children.
A viewing will take place from 6-8 p.m. Friday at Larkin Mortuary, 10600 S. 1950 East.
Funeral services have been scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at the Sandy Utah Crescent Stake Center, 10945 S. 1700 East. A graveside service will follow at the Larkin Cemetery, 10600 S. 1700 East.
The viewing and services are open to Roger Miller's friends and colleagues.
The family made a special request of those wishing to offer their condolences: "In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Larry H. Miller Charities by contacting Jay Francis at email@example.com, or exercise your right daily to hug your children and express your love to them."
Roger Miller began working with the Larry H. Miller Group as young as 15, dedicating the majority of his career to systems development. He recently focused on the development of the National Auto Sport Association in the Utah Region.
He served faithfully in callings as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, family members said.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- Utah's expanding Hispanic business at center...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Creativity of ALS ice bucket challenge boosts...
- Big screen 'Maze Runner' is a big dream come...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 166
- Bingham High students walk out over... 93
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 87
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 27
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18