Funeral planned for Larry H. Miller's son, Roger Miller
August Miller, Deseret News
SANDY — Funeral services have been scheduled for Roger Lawrence Miller, son of Gail and the late Larry H. Miller.
Roger Miller, who family members called a "gentle giant with a kind smile," died Sunday. He is survived by his wife and nine children.
A viewing will take place from 6-8 p.m. Friday at Larkin Mortuary, 10600 S. 1950 East.
Funeral services have been scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at the Sandy Utah Crescent Stake Center, 10945 S. 1700 East. A graveside service will follow at the Larkin Cemetery, 10600 S. 1700 East.
The viewing and services are open to Roger Miller's friends and colleagues.
The family made a special request of those wishing to offer their condolences: "In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Larry H. Miller Charities by contacting Jay Francis at firstname.lastname@example.org, or exercise your right daily to hug your children and express your love to them."
Roger Miller began working with the Larry H. Miller Group as young as 15, dedicating the majority of his career to systems development. He recently focused on the development of the National Auto Sport Association in the Utah Region.
He served faithfully in callings as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, family members said.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8