Funeral planned for Larry H. Miller's son, Roger Miller
August Miller, Deseret News
SANDY — Funeral services have been scheduled for Roger Lawrence Miller, son of Gail and the late Larry H. Miller.
Roger Miller, who family members called a "gentle giant with a kind smile," died Sunday. He is survived by his wife and nine children.
A viewing will take place from 6-8 p.m. Friday at Larkin Mortuary, 10600 S. 1950 East.
Funeral services have been scheduled for 11 a.m. Saturday at the Sandy Utah Crescent Stake Center, 10945 S. 1700 East. A graveside service will follow at the Larkin Cemetery, 10600 S. 1700 East.
The viewing and services are open to Roger Miller's friends and colleagues.
The family made a special request of those wishing to offer their condolences: "In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Larry H. Miller Charities by contacting Jay Francis at email@example.com, or exercise your right daily to hug your children and express your love to them."
Roger Miller began working with the Larry H. Miller Group as young as 15, dedicating the majority of his career to systems development. He recently focused on the development of the National Auto Sport Association in the Utah Region.
He served faithfully in callings as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, family members said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- 'Catastrophic' arson fire destroys 10 Tooele...
- West Valley man killed in motorcycle crash...
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14