Aggie fans rejoice in synchronized cheer: ESPN lists USU's Spectrum on its college bucket list
From festive atmospheres at football stadiums in the fall to the excitement of the NCAA Tournament in the spring, college sports are steeped in tradition.
Who does the Worldwide Leader in Sports consider has the best must-see college experience in the state of Utah?
ESPN lists Utah State's Spectrum basketball crowd as one of the best college traditions to experience on its NCAA bucket list map.
Myron Medcalf writes, "Their version of the 'I believe that we will win!' cheer is arguably the nation's best, but their 'winning team, losing team' cheer is breathtaking, too."
The Spectrum crowd experience is one of only 10 bucket list items in the West (the list also includes the Hawaii football team's haka dance), putting the atmosphere inside the 10,270-seat arena in elite company.
Other basketball venues to indulge in on ESPN's list include the Cameron Crazies in Krzyzewskiville, The Pit in New Mexico and John Wooden's reserved seat at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion.
Among the football environments included on the bucket list is the "Jump Around" tradition at Wisconsin's Camp Randall Stadium. It's one the Aggies experienced last year, BYU will see firsthand this year and one that former Utah State coach Gary Andersen, now coaching the Badgers, can participate in during every home game.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- College Football Playoff moves most future...
- Olympic organizers suspect 'isolated'...
- Cavaliers re-sign veteran forward Richard...
- Jimmy Walker opens with 65 at stifling PGA;...
- Akpom scores deciding goal as Arsenal tops...
- Streb shoots 63 and joins Walker in lead at PGA
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 65
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 40
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 20