Utah football: To settle a score, Utes defense challenged Conner Manning's arm ... and lost
SALT LAKE CITY — Conner Manning is third on the University of Utah's depth chart, but if his arm strength is an indicator, the Utes will be in good hands if his services are needed.
At the end of a competitive practice drill Tuesday morning, the Utah offense and defense were tied. To settle the score, the defense challenged Manning to throw a football over the south bleachers of Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Manning only needed two tries to pass the test, and the Ute defense did some extra running to make up for the loss.
"It's a plus for us," Utah linebacker L.T. Filiaga said.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 42
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25