Utah football: To settle a score, Utes defense challenged Conner Manning's arm ... and lost
SALT LAKE CITY — Conner Manning is third on the University of Utah's depth chart, but if his arm strength is an indicator, the Utes will be in good hands if his services are needed.
At the end of a competitive practice drill Tuesday morning, the Utah offense and defense were tied. To settle the score, the defense challenged Manning to throw a football over the south bleachers of Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Manning only needed two tries to pass the test, and the Ute defense did some extra running to make up for the loss.
"It's a plus for us," Utah linebacker L.T. Filiaga said.
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Utes drop out of national rankings following...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 143
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 36
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 34
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 31
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 23
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21