Utah football: To settle a score, Utes defense challenged Conner Manning's arm ... and lost
SALT LAKE CITY — Conner Manning is third on the University of Utah's depth chart, but if his arm strength is an indicator, the Utes will be in good hands if his services are needed.
At the end of a competitive practice drill Tuesday morning, the Utah offense and defense were tied. To settle the score, the defense challenged Manning to throw a football over the south bleachers of Rice-Eccles Stadium.
Manning only needed two tries to pass the test, and the Ute defense did some extra running to make up for the loss.
"It's a plus for us," Utah linebacker L.T. Filiaga said.
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face Oregon...
- Breaking down the field: A look at the 68...
- Jimmer Fredette thinks Bulls give him ideal...
- BYU's No. 10 seed surprises national media
- BYU's NCAA tournament fate: 'Anything could...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Kyle Collinsworth already...
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's
- Brad Rock: NCAA can't ignore BYU's tournament...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 114
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU earns NCAA at-large bid; will face... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 75
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utes headed to NIT game at Saint Mary's 31
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30
- Bubble watch: BYU playing the waiting game 20